Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:12:32 AM EDT
I'm looking for something to fit to young shooters. I guess I could cut down one of my extra OEM birch stocks, but I'd like it to be presentable. Different colors would be a plus. The daughters I shoot with want one in pink

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:16:48 AM EDT
Does it get any more youth than a 10/22?

i practicallly have to wrap myself aroudn the stock, and i'm not that tall. lol...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:47:12 PM EDT
I looked for a while, and finally gave in to the idea of cutting down a birch stock for my daughter. At age 11, she doesn't have the arm length for a standard wood stock. Let me tell ya, the butt plate was a pain for me to refit. It was worth the work though and looks quite "presentable". I took about 4.5" off the back end and it fits her perfect. I figure she will be able to switch to a full size stock in the next 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:43:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rsteinb:
I looked for a while, and finally gave in to the idea of cutting down a birch stock for my daughter. At age 11, she doesn't have the arm length for a standard wood stock. Let me tell ya, the butt plate was a pain for me to refit.

I can imagine, I Don't think I'll try.

Mine is eleven too, and I have a 10 year old cousin wanting to shoot also. I think I'll go the cutdown route and give her the nicer stock when she is bigger.

Thanks.

Top Top