User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 10:05:10 AM EDT
Any pics of these packs being worn with a plate carrier?   Any help appreciated
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Using the shoulder straps or buckling it on?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion if it's in your pack and you need it in a hurry, you've screwed up.  You should also have a friend around.

I haven't seen the TT attached, but I have an eagle map pack and it works great.  I'd like to see the TT attached myself if someone has a pic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have much experience having to ruck or carry a patrol pack over PC/armor (mostly just sitting in a vehicle), but I could see a pack with minimalist shoulder and waist straps that could fastex buckle into the easier to reach portions of a PC being useful.  Say right about the sternum for the shoulder straps, with the lower half stowed in a sleeve on the ruck, and the waist band having the attachment points near where a TAP-type chest rig would attach below the armpits, with the ability to tighten the waist band a lot and stow the excess webbing.

Whether these packs could do this, I know not.  This is just something I was thinking about earlier today rather than paying attention to work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both if you have pics
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:42:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Ares Armor Combat Xii pack. /thread.

For the record you unclip one side and the pack swings around for easy access.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]

snapped this when I first got the pack just to see what it would look like on my pc. I've never worn this setup when out gunning so can't give any feedback on functionality.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

snapped this when I first got the pack just to see what it would look like on my pc. I've never worn this setup when out gunning so can't give any feedback on functionality.
View Quote

That's pretty much how mine looks. I haven't tried using it with just the shoulder straps, and I haven't taken the whole setup to the range to test it out though.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking forward to seeing the First Spear "Vertical Envelopment Pack,"

https://www.first-spear.com/skin/files/V8catalog_WEB6.pdf

The cost will probably be a pretty penny, but it looks interesting.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with a PIG gRUNT Modular Pack, for a small pack to attach to my PC.  I haven't had it long, so all I can say is that it holds items I want to carry, but will not need when the SHTF.  I use it for extra cloths, rain gear, food, etc.  It also holds my Camelbak. They can be accessed by someone else, or when I remove the PC.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ares Armor Combat Xii pack. /thread.

For the record you unclip one side and the pack swings around for easy access.
View Quote

This.  I can take my pack on and off all day.

But...here is my old Tactical tailor pack mounted too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top