Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 8:19:13 AM EDT
I just heard about them and there gear looks quality but then how can you really tell from a pic and a manufactuers product description. I did a quick search and didn't find anything. I REALLY need to get off my ass and become a team member.  Thanks in advance for any info.

DocD.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Doc,

I have the MAXpedition Rollypoly dump pouch and have been very happy with the configuration and features.  My guess is that the rest of their kit is of equal quality.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
got a couple of their bags and they are built like a tank very nice gear.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like quality is there. Anyone know a good place to buy them? I live in Co and no one sells them here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
There are several online vendors, but I buy directly from Maxpedition.  Excellent gear!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Try practicaltactical.com, optactical.com, or crowstacticaloutfitters.com.  I've done business with all three and have been very satisfied with the service.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help.

I was going to order direct but they charge 8.25% CA sales tax through there websight.

Zmeja, Thanx for the sites.  Couldn't help noticing the signature. I'll have to ask my wife what it means. You wouldn't be at Goodfellow would you?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Zmeja, Thanx for the sites.  Couldn't help noticing the signature. I'll have to ask my wife what it means. You wouldn't be at Goodfellow would you?

I used to be at Kunia, so I'm guessing he used to be at Medina.  Both former soldiers, worlds apart, but I did pass through Goodfellow back when...

-Randy

PS anyone with a lead on Maxpedition gear below MSRP, or have they gone the way of SureFire?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Try practicaltactical.com, optactical.com, or crowstacticaloutfitters.com.  I've done business with all three and have been very satisfied with the service.

I'll backup Zmeja on Operationally Proven Tactical Gear (OPTACTICAL.COM).  I ordered the bag online and it was here within a couple days.  Quick and easy site and rapid delivery.  Can't beat that.

E-95

Well, unless it was free of course.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]
A while ago the Army taught me Russian.  I've spent some time in San Angelo, but haven't been there for a while.

"My name is Snake, and I approve this message."  is what my signature says.

double_r76, when did you go through DLI?

DocDavis, when did your wife go through DLI?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was there for Korean from April '97 through August '98, then at San Angelo through Jan '99 for 98G school.  Then I was off to Hawaii for two consecutive tours... not a bad deal.  I liked Hawaii so much it became "Home Sweet Home" after I got out.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there for Korean from April '97 through August '98, then at San Angelo through Jan '99 for 98G school.  Then I was off to Hawaii for two consecutive tours... not a bad deal.  I liked Hawaii so much it became "Home Sweet Home" after I got out. hr

We were in SA in '99! Small world. My wife was the Alpha flight commander at the schoolhouse and did a lot with Operation Lone Star.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an OD FatBoy, and I love it.  It is overengineered, and very well thoughtout.  I sometimes use it as a "manpurse," and other times I keep 30 rounders in it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was there for Korean from April '97 through August '98, then at San Angelo through Jan '99 for 98G school.  Then I was off to Hawaii for two consecutive tours... not a bad deal.  I liked Hawaii so much it became "Home Sweet Home" after I got out.

-Randy

Randy, did you know a guy named Kennedy, SPC type (Army).  He would have been a class or tow in front of yours, I think.  We were supposed to learn Arabic in Bravo Co, but they had too many folks and not enough slots.

Take care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#14]
SPC Kennedy... Heck yeah, there was one ahead of me who then washed back into my class.  Probably mid-20s at the time, dark hair, kinda small guy, had a really cool wife.  Once he rolled into my class we hung out alot.  He was a great guy, really funny.  Memories...

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow.  Small world.  I knew some other guys at Kunia, but you may not have worked with them or known them.

Take care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top