Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2007 4:01:08 PM EDT
remove the bolt on a PPS50?

I need to fix some things on my rifle, but I can not figure out how to get the bolt handle out of the bolt to remove the bolt
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Been a LONG while since I had mine, but IIRC, once you remove the stock, there is a small screw on the bottom side that holds the rear cap onto the action. Once you remove the screw, you can unscrew the rear cap. Once that's off, you can remove the recoil spring, etc, and then pull the bolt back slightly to a postion where the bolt handle will slip out, and the bolt can be removed. When you go to reinstall the bolt, you may have to depress the hammer manually to get the bolt to slip over it. To do that, there should be a small hole in the action that you can fit an eyeglass screwdriver or some such to pull the hammer back.

Hope this helps but if it doesn't, I'm claiming senility.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Zardoz, it wasn't quite like that but close enough I figured it out

For anyone else who has one they need to take apart.

my end screw did not have a set screw holding it in. SO i removed it and the springs. Then to make my life easier I removed the trigger/hammer asembly.

I noticed an allen screw that I had no idea what it was for so I removed it. then I found out if I pushed the bolt further forward I could move the barrel (the screw held the barrel in place) once the bolt moved further forward I was able to pull the bolt finger lever and then slide the bolt out.

that is when I found out my rifle needed a good cleaning, it was failing to extract because th ebolt was binding on dried powder residue and old cosmoline

It looks like the barrel can be fully removed by tapping it from the muzzle end when that screw, bolt and the ttrigger assembly have been removed.

I hope my messing aroundhelps others
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top