Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2004 1:08:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 1:08:58 PM EST by sonofbp]
Might be picking one up for a good price, want to make sure I am getting what is advertised.
Barrel length?
Type of flash hider?
Reciever markings?
Special markings anywhere else?
Any pictures of a factory Springfield Para would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:18:30 PM EST
There were two different versions imported. One was a 17.5" barrel and the other was a 21". They all had type 3 uppers and lowers. They had the Belgium style combo devise. The genuine article will have a lower marked S and F and will not have a notch for full auto. It will also have a safety that wouldn't allow it to rotate around anyway.

There are a lot of these floating around that were built on SAR48 and SAR4800 receivers. Don't get fooled by a 4800.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:00:34 AM EST
Sweet, thanks for the info.
It is a shooter, has a 21" barrel, with no auto notch, semi selector, marked Imbel Itajuba Basil, type 3, marked sar-48, belguim style flash hider, and match 308.
I originaly thought it was a springfield with a para kit, which is still fine for the price.
From what I can gather it is as was shipped from the factory + a few hundred/thousand rounds down range. The rifling is crisp, so I'm guessing no more than 2 thousand rounds.
The same place has an FN/FAL from Belgium(shooter), $3500.00, about $1000.00 too high I think.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:33:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By sonofbp:
Sweet, thanks for the info.
It is a shooter, has a 21" barrel, with no auto notch, semi selector, marked Imbel Itajuba Basil, type 3, marked sar-48, belguim style flash hider, and match 308.
I originaly thought it was a springfield with a para kit, which is still fine for the price.
From what I can gather it is as was shipped from the factory + a few hundred/thousand rounds down range. The rifling is crisp, so I'm guessing no more than 2 thousand rounds.
The same place has an FN/FAL from Belgium(shooter), $3500.00, about $1000.00 too high I think.

That's WAY too high. $2000 is top end for that rifle. The 21" is quite rare, but that doesn't really mean anything in terms of price. In fact, from a shooter's perspective, its less desireable than the shorter model.

You know you can also call Springfield with the serial number and they will give you the details on it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:51:14 AM EST
Thanks.
The price was for the imported Belgium.$3500
The sar-48 I will try to get for $1500.
I have sent Springfield an e-mail, I'm patiently waiting.
I like the 21, makes me wander how match the "match 308" is.
Top Top