Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 7:58:29 PM EDT
Google Picture.

CHIAPPA PAK-9 9MM AK Atlantic Firearms

looks  interesting.

I have found them for less than $500 at places. Imported from Romania and Comes with Beretta 92 and Glock mag conversions. It  Can be fitted with pistol arm braces. 15" overall length.

I would like to buy one, and I am looking for reviews and interesting information about this pistol  or  SBRed  carbine.

EDIT

Thanks rcbif, I'll cross  link a thread from the AK pistol/SBR sub forum, it has more pictures. Atlantic Arms folks have posted in it. They are selling them for $489.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/162496_Opinions-on-the-Chiappa-PAK9---9mm-AK-.html
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall a thread or two in the ak pistol forum.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a you tube review, possibly from military arms that they had problems with the glock magwell, but the CZ magwell ran fine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome pistol.  I bought one of these in January.  Great price because no one knew anything about them.  I shot about 100 rounds through it fast because it was cold out and I needed something to keep my hands warm.  Used factory reloads.  No jams.  No function issues.  Shot standing, with a one point bungee sling, and the sights already on the pistol at 12 yards.  Probably one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot. Kept all 20 shots within the 10 ring.  Most were in the bullseye.  I told Chiappa about it at SHOT 2017.  I emailed them the pictures and they put it on their facebook page on January 26, 2017.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
kudos to the designers of this for not caring what people think of the aesthetics! All about function baby!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting.

Is it gas operated or blowback? How does it feel recoil-wise compared to an AR15/9mm?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.

Is it gas operated or blowback? How does it feel recoil-wise compared to an AR15/9mm?
View Quote
@Francis2day

I'd be interested in a review of your gun if you have the time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]
My son has one.  Big dumb and ugly.  No reason to have one, until you shoot it.  It is stupid fun.  No recoil to speak of. The berreta 32 rd magazine work like a charm.  

Bit big for ccw though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Google Picture.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/317173/pak-9-167244.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R9t5Zge45w

looks  interesting.

I have found them for less than $500 at places. Imported from Romania and Comes with Beretta 92 and Glock mag conversions. It  Can be fitted with pistol arm braces. 15" overall length.

I would like to buy one, and I am looking for reviews and interesting information about this pistol  or  SBRed  carbine.

EDIT

Thanks rcbif, I'll cross  link a thread from the AK pistol/SBR sub forum, it has more pictures. Atlantic Arms folks have posted in it. They are selling them for $489.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/162496_Opinions-on-the-Chiappa-PAK9---9mm-AK-.html
View Quote

Considering that I'd like to 1) dip my toe int the NFA pool 2) I recently picked up a Beretta 92fs and 3) I want a 9mm PCC that is PDW sized once the stamp comes back, this might be exactly what I'm looking for.  I wonder what the accuracy at 50 yards is like?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen a few posts on this in other forum from owners, so far I've not heard anything bad.

FWIW this is made by Cugir and only imported by Chiappa . The fact it comes out of the box with both Beretta & Glock adaptors is genius.

Kel Tec should take note and just include all the various mag catches for their Sub2k rather than market 5 different versions.

I'm wanting a PAK-9 as I have both 92 & G17 mags. With an SB brace it would be a sweet setup. I know you could build an AR pistol for this money (I have) and it's all just proprietary innards but it's hard to find something fun, unique and reliable for under $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top