Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2020 7:51:30 PM EST
Old time NV guy here with a crazy idea, but I'm looking for a pressure switch that can do both constant on and momentary on for 2 devices, one of which will be a SF of some sort...

But here's the catch, the other device connector needs to NOT be some proprietary connector, but any commonly available type will do.

Reason being as #1, I'm a tinker. #2 I have a couple of obsolete lasers that I'm looking to keep running rather than investing in the latest hotness. Did that 16 years ago and can't afford it now that I have a wife and 3 kids.

Even an airsoft copy would work, just to prototype the thing...thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:13:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/16/2020 9:13:48 PM EST by lilMAC25]
Originally Posted By MCR:
Old time NV guy here with a crazy idea, but I'm looking for a pressure switch that can do both constant on and momentary on for 2 devices, one of which will be a SF of some sort...

But here's the catch, the other device connector needs to NOT be some proprietary connector, but any commonly available type will do.

Reason being as #1, I'm a tinker. #2 I have a couple of obsolete lasers that I'm looking to keep running rather than investing in the latest hotness. Did that 16 years ago and can't afford it now that I have a wife and 3 kids.

View Quote
https://www.unitytactical.com/product-category/taps/
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:45:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By MCR:

View Quote

So your saying you have a “special one”  and need a pressure switch for a clad you picked up.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:37:03 PM EST
Not sure exactly what you're getting at ^^^

If you need specifics, I've got a VITAL 2. The biggest drawback I have with it is the lack of a constant on feature and the factory switches are less than optimal. Both of which may be addressed by a more modern switch...

I could just splice wires, but that would be going the easy route. I'm thinking of making and adapter that will plug in and have a female side for a more commonly available switch, but so far it looks like the Steiner/Insight type connector is the most common. Since those seem to be proprietary, I may have to put a bit more effort into the project.
Top Top