Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 9:04:41 PM EDT
I am doing a 6.5 Grendel upper build and am using an Odin Works adjustable low pro gas block on it.  I was wondering if anyone has had experiences with some rails that are not conducive to use with an adjustable gas block???

Any issue with using slimmer handguards vs. larger internal diameter ones?  This upper will be suppressed with my new GA Recce 7.  

This will be an 18" intermediate length barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
SLR rails have a really tight ID
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Any particular rail recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
The rail and the gas block matter. Take a look at the MicroMOA Baby Govnah. You can have them drill the gas port to your desired diameter, which is infinitely simpler than having an adjustable gas block. No clearance issues to worry about.

Very happy with my setup using the Baby Govnah, and @amphibian was a big help.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:06:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The inside of my Larue rails are very tight, I had to file a bit off the rail to get a Sentry 7 to fit. Most manufacturers will have ID of their handgaurds on their website. If not you can more than likely find it with a Google search.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#6]
A couple of of JP adj clamp blocks don't work well with Geissele rails. They'll scrape the inner portion of the rail.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at using the Seekins NOXS rail system.  It looks like it goes straight on with 1.35" internal diameter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I settled on the O2 Lite 15.5" from Odin Works..  Was a little more than I wanted to pay, but it is light, less than 10 ounces including the nut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top