Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 6:52:52 PM EDT
Do I really need night isghts just for indoors? I think that I will be better off with plain 3 dot white sights on my Glock 21. It is not a self defense gun. Just a target gun. I narrowed down my choices to three:

www.glockstore.com/pgroup_detail.php?pgroupid=16 Soem cheap Glockstore sight

www.novaksights.com/Sight%20Systems.htm#Glock Novak plain three dot white

www.mmcsight.com/glock.htm MMC three fot white sight

Anything else good out there? I think these are all ok but what's best? FOr some reason I am leaning towards the MMC.

Doggonit
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If you plan on shooting at night...YES!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's a target gun...ONLY,  then you need plain BLACK.    Hienie sights is the answer.

Hienie

(spelling)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok look let me clarify:

It will be an indoor range gun (meaning lights meaning no real darkness). Secondly I hate black on black sights! I need some sort of eyecatcher to target with and those are the white dots. Black sights suck and were invented by Osama Bin Laden. How can you see anything?

Doggonit
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If it's a target gun...ONLY,  then you need plain BLACK.    Hienie sights is the answer.

Hienie

(spelling)

The straight-eights - only two dots to get in line.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hienie

(spelling)

The straight-eights - only two dots to get in line.

I hate that stuff too. It can give you a nice line up shot, almost perfectly centered but it usually screws up when it comes to height because of the weird dot over the other. Three dot is the best. Ask anyone who has an HK P7M8.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#6]
How about a big scope, yep, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I don't buy a pistol without night sights anymore.  I'm of the view that all of my pistols should be able to be used to defend me, and therefore should be as multi-purpose as possible.  Night sights are so cheap now that I'd rather have them and not need them then need them and not have them.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hienie 8 sight's Slant Pro are good
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The MMC sight you're interested in is $76 just for the rear sight, and an additional $26 for the front sight. The Glockstore sights are $60 and the Novaks are $101.

Meprolight night sights are on sale at Glockmeister for $65.

I bought PT night sights on sale recently for $47.

To me the choice is clear. Get the night sights. Even if you don't plan on using them at night, the tritium will last 12-15 years and in that time your priorities may change. HTH
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Best night sight IMO is Trijicon, and Novak uses the trijicon tube, since Trijici=on is not listed, I vote for the Novak.  Matter of fact, I am taking the PT off my G35 and getting a Novak sometime dowen the line.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It will be an indoor range gun (meaning lights meaning no real darkness). Secondly I hate black on black sights! I need some sort of eyecatcher to target with and those are the white dots. Black sights suck and were invented by Osama Bin Laden. How can you see anything?

If this is truly a range only gun, and not one that you would carry or grab to fend off home invaders, then I would recommend black on black.  All those "eyecatchers" will distract you from focusing on the top edge of the front sight.  On the factory sights, you can blacken them in with a black marker or sight black.

However, if this is a gun that could reasonably be used for fighting, I would highly recommend night sights.  The Mepros are pretty good.  They're simple, no BS sights.  Plus metal sights are more durable.  The plastic factory sights are more likely to fall off if you take a tumble down a staircase or grapple with an attacker.

Yeah, if you have a good combat light such as a Surefire 6P, you can probably see your sights just fine at likely indoor distances in low-light situations.

If you carry it in a belt holster, the rear sights will probably protrude.  Night sights could theoretically make it easier to identify a concealed handgun.  If you are concerned about this, you can put a tritium sight only on the front, just make sure it's compatible with your rear sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top