PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 7:46:01 AM EDT
topic
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:01:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 9:02:21 AM EDT by AR_prof]
Yes and no.

They will function new, but you may have a few stovepipes (when I had these I believe they were more of a function of a poor extractor) and FTF stoppages.

Best thing is to load them fully and leave them for a few days.  Some here have suggested spraying the insides with some dry lubricant, if you wish to use them sooner.

Have fun,

Michael
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:22:32 AM EDT
ok thank you
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:00:45 AM EDT
I just took a couple of new ones to the range last week.  I was less than happy with them at first, many, many stovepipes.  I went back to my Ruger ten rounders and still had one or two so I suspected the rifle or ammo (Federal bulk pack).  I put a drop of CLP on the bolt moving parts, including the extractor and by the end of the bulk pack I could dump all 25 with maybe one stovepipe per mag.  Took the rifle home and cleaned it and am going to try another brand of ammo.  I hear good things about the Winchester Wildcat (replaced the Dynapoint).
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:46:24 AM EDT
you need to let them sit full of ammo at LEAST overnight before you use them. this will fix the stovepiping problem.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:17:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By legonas:
you need to let them sit full of ammo at LEAST overnight before you use them. this will fix the stovepiping problem.

I can do this.  Thanks.
Top Top