Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2020 3:52:10 PM EDT
From another forum: "I just spoke with Chris, who informed me the ATF raided his business and confiscated everything.  EVERYTHING.  Computer, cell phone, entire inventory.

Just a heads up."

Not a good sign of the coming times.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that sucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't surprise me much. What you don't have already, you ain't got.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
So they are going after anything that can be homebuilt.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck, and I cannot stress this enough, the ATF
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
They are getting ridiculously bold after meeting with the fake president elect
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe that's why my spacer material hasn't shipped?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It has been a fly in their ointment for some time.  They know their new overlords will be pleased and they will have full backing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck I've got an order that shipped Dec 3rd and tracking hasn't been updated since 12/8 so I emailed today..
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think so. They feel emboldened. They do have a problem though...a pice of 1.35 ID pipe can be had at Lowes for a few bucks
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think so. They feel emboldened. They do have a problem though...a pice of 1.35 ID pipe can be had at Lowes for a few bucks
View Quote

It's not about the hardware, it's about cracking down on the sorts of people selling and buying it.  The objects are just an excuse, and they'll find others as needed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's not about the hardware, it's about cracking down on the sorts of people selling and buying it.  The objects are just an excuse, and they'll find others as needed.
View Quote

It's about building lists...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
True...what I was driving at is that with guys like DM operational, they still have a handle on who has cans...via the Firm1 process. If they keep pulling shit like this, more and more people will just sat FUCKIT and go underground.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh yay...
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Great, there goes my open order.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Haven't seen any confirmation of this yet.
View Quote

Its real.  ATF has issue with kits and center marks, and otherwise there is no downside from taking admin option to close market, knowing other party needs to then respond by risking arrest or needed to take other prolonged or costly legal action.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Have the FATF call Bill.  I’m sure he can straighten them out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its real.  ATF has issue with kits, and otherwise there is no downside from taking admin option to close market, knowing other party needs to then respond by risking arrest or needed to take other prolonged or costly legal action.
View Quote

Yep. That's why Quiet Bore went from being a 'manufacturer of high quality solvent traps & firearms accessories' to a 'manufacturer of high quality Form 1 supplies', and now requires an approved Form 1 to ship. I wonder if DM told the ATF to FO instead of changing their business model.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:57:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone here ever think that he could just be saying this given the amount of people he collected money from and never delivered anything to them? This is apart from the whole QuietBore thing, maybe he said to himself that I'll play this I got raided thing knowing he owes people their money back or product? Like what a perfect timing for him. QuietBore, Quell Tech, and then he said I'll just add myself to that list so I have an excuse for not getting people what they paid for?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Always felt the clock started ticking down for these operations when the "kit" concept became the rave.

Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Always felt the clock started ticking down for these operations when the "kit" concept became the rave.

View Quote

Kinda glad I've never ordered a kit be it 80% glock or solvent trap. I've only ordered a tube or an endcap. (And they've all been made into approved form 1 cans for you fed bois watching)
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone here ever think that he could just be saying this given the amount of people he collected money from and never delivered anything to them? This is apart from the whole QuietBore thing, maybe he said to himself that I'll play this I got raided thing knowing he owes people their money back or product? Like what a perfect timing for him. QuietBore, Quell Tech, and then he said I'll just add myself to that list so I have an excuse for not getting people what they paid for?
View Quote
Nope.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fuck I've got an order that shipped Dec 3rd and tracking hasn't been updated since 12/8 so I emailed today..
View Quote
Sucks you emailed them today, but as far as the delivery situation, it's probably just usps and their holiday delays. They have been backed up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#26]
I feel like a boxer ducking and weaving through all the ATF's bullshit. I efiled a couple of Form 1s near the end of October to SBR a braced pistol and to make a suppressor out of a DM kit. The SBR was approved already but I'm still in "Pending Research" for the suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I was going to do a form 1 silencer, but with the current situation going on, I think I will destroy the kit I have coming and just forget about it. The current climate has me worried where things are going to lead.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's about building lists...
View Quote

Aren't there some safeguards against this, with the 1986 FOPA? I realize this means jack and shit to the ATF, but are any lawyers savvy enough to counterattack and tie them up in courts?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Aren't there some safeguards against this, with the 1986 FOPA? I realize this means jack and shit to the ATF, but are any lawyers savvy enough to counterattack and tie them up in courts?
View Quote

The FOPA prohibits a federal firearms registry.... but the NFRTR is excluded from this prohibition
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Honestly. Probably won’t affect his shipping time all that much lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Wonder if ATF is going to raid all these grocery stores that deliver alcohol?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

What happened to Quell Tech?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
From another forum: "I just spoke with Chris, who informed me the ATF raided his business and confiscated everything.  EVERYTHING.  Computer, cell phone, entire inventory.

Just a heads up."

Not a good sign of the coming times.
View Quote

Raided for why?
They don't just come do raids.
They do come with reasons, whether made up reasons or not, they have to state a reason(s).
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Raided for why?
They don't just come do raids.
They do come with reasons, whether made up reasons or not, they have to state a reason(s).
View Quote

The ATF argued in the raids of the 80% firearm places that selling full out completion kits to make a full working receiver is too close to a full working gun to be sold the way it was being done. One would surmise in DM that selling full out kits is viewed as a problem to ATF.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The ATF argued in the raids of the 80% firearm places that selling full out completion kits to make a full working receiver is too close to a full working gun to be sold the way it was being done. One would surmise in DM that selling full out kits is viewed as a problem to ATF.
View Quote

Is that like selling a 80% AR15 kit that had all the parts and jig but the lower was just a 80% piece of AL or plastic?

So selling a bunch of non-firearm parts is now illegal, but only if you sell them in one kit?

What if the kits were broken out in to sub kits that had different SKU #'s? So you would then just buy a few SKU's which essentially has all the parts needed? Would that too be legally-illegal under ATF discretionary view of the world?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#38]
There is something about selling a kit that is rattling their chain.  Then, there is something about calling something by another name.  WTF is a solvent trap.  The whole “solvent tap” thing, with a FAQ on how to file a form 1 that does not pass the smell test.  It reminds me of calling drugs “dietary supplements”
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:25:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There is something about selling a kit that is rattling their chain.  Then, there is something about calling something by another name.  WTF is a solvent trap.  The whole “solvent tap” thing, with a FAQ on how to file a form 1 that does not pass the smell test.  It reminds me of calling drugs “dietary supplements”
View Quote

I think the Titanium alone is worth more than $95
catch trap
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There is something about selling a kit that is rattling their chain.
View Quote

It seems all the parts to make a firearm is closer to a firearm than just an 80% receiver. ATF at least (yet), did not redefine an 80% receiver. Solution right now is simple, stop selling kits.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It seems all the parts to make a firearm is closer to a firearm than just an 80% receiver. ATF at least (yet), did not redefine an 80% receiver. Solution right now is simple, stop selling kits.
View Quote

Ah, that's more ATF discretionary verbiage right there.

"closer to a firearm than just an 80% receiver"?
So now today the definition of "firearm" includes if there are parts in the box. So if I have a 79% receiver in the box with all the parts, that's makes the 79% too close to 80.00000001%.

Just more bs by ATF yet again.

But what about my other question, what if these kits were not a single SKU#. Like 79% receiver+jig as one SKU, the action another SKU, and the barrel a 3rd SKU. Would that be ok?
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There is something about selling a kit that is rattling their chain.  Then, there is something about calling something by another name.  WTF is a solvent trap.  The whole "solvent tap" thing, with a FAQ on how to file a form 1 that does not pass the smell test.  It reminds me of calling drugs "dietary supplements"
View Quote
Accurate analogy...that said, it's still bullshit and it's still a bullshit authoritarian agency. Maybe I'll start manufacturing angled foregrips for pistols and call them ATF dildos. Jesus...the handwringing about legalities these days just embolden and legitimizes those cocksuckers.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Accurate analogy...that said, it's still bullshit and it's still a bullshit authoritarian agency. Maybe I'll start manufacturing angled foregrips for pistols and call them ATF dildos. Jesus...the handwringing about legalities these days just embolden and legitimizes those cocksuckers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is something about selling a kit that is rattling their chain.  Then, there is something about calling something by another name.  WTF is a solvent trap.  The whole "solvent tap" thing, with a FAQ on how to file a form 1 that does not pass the smell test.  It reminds me of calling drugs "dietary supplements"

Typical overbearing government agency.
It's not about smart/dumb, right/wrong, or anything except COMPLIANCE.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

COMPLIANCE.
View Quote
And there you have it...the bare naked truth.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

You in GA. Are the people there 110% fed-up with the way elections are being conducted there?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's being diverted
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think the Titanium alone is worth more than $95
catch trap
View Quote

@AlterEgo2
Titanium is the color, not the material. 100% guarantee its aluminum
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@AlterEgo2
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@AlterEgo2

The people buying it probably don't know the diff, haha.
Extend the life of your car by preventing contaminants from damaging it. Use the fuel filter to keep your car in pristine condition.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You in GA. Are the people there 110% fed-up with the way elections are being conducted there?
View Quote
Oh yes. I'm way out in the country and emotions are running high. Local state prison received ballots for each inmate...that's fucky.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is something about selling a kit that is rattling their chain.

Nothing about kits is rattling their chain, it's just a convenient excuse.

The people driving this want to kill most of you, steal your shit, and enslave the rest.

The fact that you exist is rattling their chain.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top