Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 4:26:14 PM EDT
I'm about to order a post ban Bushmaster Dissipator upper (no brake) and I'm looking for opinions on whether I should get the HB or M4 barrel weight.  They both cost the same.  I think the M4 version is about a half pound lighter.  I've never thought a 20" HB A2 was heavy though so I don't think I'd think the HB Dissipator was heavy.  I know the advantgae of the M4 is less weight, are there any disadvantages?  Thanks for any opinions.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say the M4, I have an HBAR Dissipator and it weighs about 8.5 to 9 lbs. not gonna cripple me or anything but for a duty type rifle that you will carry around...well...I'm almost finished building a lightweight carbine (6 - 6.5 lbs)
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking about buying one of those M4 Dissipator barrels myself. I couldn't find one in stock anywhere, so I called Bushmaster direct. I was told that they only produced a run of 100 of those barrels, they are all sold out, and don't know when/if they will make anymore. So, if you find someone who has those barrels in stock please let me know.  tx50
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a fluted HB.  It would be 0.5 lb lighter than a 20" HB (close to that of an M4 I think), and is stronger and dissipates heat better than an M4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top