Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 2:04:20 PM EDT
When I'm doing 300-500 at a time, I'd like to have a little more leverage. Anybody know if someone makes a longer handle?

I guess I could get a piece of pipe and make my own. Just wondering...
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:08:32 PM EDT
Never saw the need to.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:10:33 PM EDT
If you need more leverage you're over swaging.  Just need to take out the crimp.  I usually only need a couple of fingers to work mine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:07:56 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shortround:
If you need more leverage you're over swaging.  Just need to take out the crimp.  I usually only need a couple of fingers to work mine.
View Quote

Same here.  You need to go by feel and a longer lever arm would negate that.  Probably adding too much force
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:29:07 PM EDT
A little CLP to clean and lube the pivot points helps quite a bit too with not needing much force.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:54:20 PM EDT
+1 on not needing a longer handle and i just did about 5k 5.56 military brass in the past week alot of pinned LC and FC 06 which was the worst. There is a

fine line of over swaging your brass and not swaging enough my set up time was stupid long. It took alot longer than i thought it would running back and

fourth swaging and seating primers. I was using cci 41 primers and kept shearing slivers of the primer off. I finally found that happy medium swaging

the brass where the primer pockets were good n tight and i wasn't shearing slivers off of the primers any more. Micro adjusting the swager 600 is a little

tricky...   good luck have fun and be safe.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:35:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:31:50 AM EDT
i made roller handles for my rcbs and lee pro 100
it also added about 6 inches length so i got more leverage.

there's a guy on ebay selling roller handles, i probably should have just bought one of his considering all the time i spend making mine.

but they work great
Top Top