Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:27 PM EDT
I'll start by saying that I would prefer an Eagle Industries MOLLE Tac vest but currently they are listed at nearly $130.  I have a chance to get a BHI STRIKE DOAV for less than 1/3 that price but after looking at the BHI website I am very confused.

I need some help figuring out the difference between a BHI STRIKE Omega vest and STRIKE DOAV vest.  Visually it appears that the Hawktex shoulders are slightly different and the DOAV model has seven rows of webbing while the Omega only has six rows.  The STRIKE Omega is listed at $135 while the STRIKE DOAV is less than $75.  

Anything that I'm missing that would justify more money for the Omega model or a reason that the DOAV is so much less?  You know what they say, if a deal is too good to be true....

Also, didn't we decide in a previous thread that the STRIKE line was put together better than the average BHI gear?

ETA:I just got done looking around the internet and it seems that most retailers are selling the DOAV at about the same price as the Omega.  Might be a typo on the BHI site...looks like a call to BHI is in order.  

Any thoughts are still appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the reviews of the STRIKE DOAV said that the Omega was the new model and they wouldn't be making the DOAV anymore.  They also have different sides.  The Omega has the lace up sides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top