Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 11:07:39 AM EDT
I cannot justify having a bayonet on the end of my Uzi? Maybe they had a standing army of Umpa Lumpa's?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
To look scary and build morale. Baynote has been obsolete since the rifled musket. I'm sure, today, you  are more likely to fall and die on your own bayonete then to kill an enemy with it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Baynote has been obsolete since the rifled musket. I'm sure, today, you  are more likely to fall and die on your own bayonete then to kill an enemy with it.

Not!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Bayonets are pretty good for crowd control, a hell of a lot more intimidating than a stick(plus you know no one is going to try to grap your barrel).
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
To look scary and build morale. Baynote has been obsolete since the rifled musket. I'm sure, today, you  are more likely to fall and die on your own bayonete then to kill an enemy with it.

There have been a hell of a lot of people sent to meet their maker by bayonets since the rifled musket.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It's only obsolete if it doesn't work or has been replaced with something better. Neither is the case, and the bayonet has NOT been obsolete since the rifled musket, anybody remember WW1? and it was used quite a lot in WW2 as well. I don't want to go into a situation where I don't have the capability of having a bayonet attatched to my muzzle. I may have it and not need it, but it's better than needing it and not having it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
That last instance I have heard of a bayonet charge was the begging of Operation Iraqi Liberation. Last I actually looked as well. Bayos are a hell of alot better than throwing rocks or using sticks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW Galils had bayos too....Right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If I was having to CQB then I would rather have a bayo on the end of my SMG than nothing.

LB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top