Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/1/2007 2:45:57 PM EDT
I made my Extended Magazine Release today along with doing my trigger work.

Here's the EMG

It took about 15 minutes and $1.75 to make. I'm pretty happy with it. It does what I want it to do and it didn't cost me $15 either.

I also did a little trigger work today. I followed these steps to do the work

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122386

I also polished the sear up to help with pull. I don't know what it took the trigger pull down to, but it's a night and day difference in pull. Before when pulling the trigger, the rifle would actually move a bit because it took so much effort to pull the trigger.

I can't wait to get it to the range to see the difference. Now the total for the rifle not including time taken to do the mods, has cost me around $230 total. I think I'm doing pretty good at meeting my "low" budget goal for this rifle.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:16:10 PM EDT
I admire your ability to do-it-yourself, without caving into the buy-it-and-bolt-it-on mentality.

Keep it up, and you can have the 10/22 of your dreams, without spending more than the purchase price on accessories (like most of us do!).
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:53:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911Custom:
I admire your ability to do-it-yourself, without caving into the buy-it-and-bolt-it-on mentality.

Keep it up, and you can have the 10/22 of your dreams, without spending more than the purchase price on accessories (like most of us do!).

Thanks.

I also didn't mention I made a bolt buffer too.:D
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:53:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 98Zixxer:

Thanks.

Good job. I hate the mag releases that they come with.
Got pics of the bolt buffer? How did you make it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:13:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By coctailer:

Originally Posted By 98Zixxer:

Thanks.

Good job. I hate the mag releases that they come with.
Got pics of the bolt buffer? How did you make it?

I cut a piece of an old plastic Mac Tools tool cart, and stuck it in a drill. Ran it in the drill till it was the right diameter and cut it to fit. I'll try and get you a pic tomorrow. It's not pretty but it fits and works.
Top Top