Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:43:03 AM EST
I was at a gun store recently and saw some 30-round M-14 mags and inquired about the manufacture. The owner stated that they were Winchester 30-round mags. They looked and felt as solid as my GI mags, but I have never heard of a 30-round factory mag? I have been collecting/shooting for quite some time and that was news to me. I know that there were some Taiwanese imports that were made on US machinery but thought that those 30-rounders were part of that import.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:47:30 AM EST
No USGI 30 round M14 Mags. None. Period.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:34:43 AM EST
EVER!

All 30 rounders are from foreign or dubious sources. It doesn't necessarily mean they are "bad" per se....but then again I have yet to ever hear glowing reports of them either.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:30:46 AM EST
I have one of the mystery "GI feel" thirty round M14 magazines. AFAIK, there were no contract USGI thirty round magazines. I did try this mystery thirty round magazine in my select fire M1A. It works just fine in semi-automatic and automatic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:04:47 AM EST
I've heard good and bad on them. As with anything surplus, "mebbe it werks, an mebbe it dond".
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:57:02 PM EST
If I'm not mistaken, Ruger tried to get in on the sucess Springfield was having with the M1A, by making a version. They called the XGI. I do know a company made some 30 round mags for it. They kinda look like a Thermold meets Orilite. Some old fella around here had 3 of them at a gunshow for $75 each. My friend bought them and says they work great. I saw one of these mags on GunBroker recently for like $85.
Top Top