Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2009 7:02:48 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the Battlelab DetLoc mag pouches? Eagle Ind also makes some that are very similar looking.Main differance i can see is the position of the pull-tab on top & about $15.00 more a piece for the EI's
Just looking to see if anyone has tried either of them out & what you think about them.

Pro's / Con's ?  Thanks

Battlelab

Eagle Ind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Id get the eagles, but Im very happy with the tactcal tailor manetic mag pouches I have, which are a similar design but have a magnet sewn in to retain the magazine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Id get the eagles, but Im very happy with the tactcal tailor manetic mag pouches I have, which are a similar design but have a magnet sewn in to retain the magazine.

Well they both have some sort of system inside them for mag retention when the tops are open...but they dont go into detail about what it is or how it works. One of the reasons im asking if you guys know anything about them.
I'll check out the Tactical tailor ones also,thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been running the Eagle FB pouches for quite a while now.  I have both the pistol and rifle pouches.  The Eagle ones are outfitted w/ a Kydex (or similar type) material inside which is what 'grabs' the mags.  They are very secure and very fast!  I've smashed some rifles ones before when going prone but they still work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the battle lab mag pouch and it's GTG. My mags stay put w/o a problem with the flap down.
Never used the Eagle pouch but know folks who do and they like them a lot. Both are secure mag carriers and you won't do bad with either. Never used T.T. that a few folks mentioned but I have no doubt there GTG too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like these.

Have used them for single stack 1911 mags and double stack 9mm mags.

They hold mags very well.

My only complaint is the attachment system.

On a rare occassion or 2, a snap came loose.

The triple mag pouches have 3 straps/snaps, so it's not a big deal.

The double mag pouches have 2 straps.

And I don't think you could cut the straps off and use MOLLE straps because there is only 1 MOLLE loop on the back of the mag pouch.

It's not the end of the world, and I use these exclusively.  But I'd like to see them remove their straps, and sew another MOLLE loop on the back.

AFTR, I have 2 triple mag and 3 double mag pouches - all for double stack 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some of the single stack .45 pouches and they are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the helpful info guys. Think i will be picking up a few of the battlelab ones. Running single stack .45
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe the DetLoc is a sticky ribber high-friction lining inside the pouches.  It is fairly effective in my limited use with AR magazines.  I did add some adhesive sandpaper-like stair tread to my PMAGs and have had no retention issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top