Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Call me resentful, but what irritates me the most about this is how many people truly believed DT was holding off on releasing this for all of those years because DT wouldn't release it until it was perfected.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call me resentful, but what irritates me the most about this is how many people truly believed DT was holding off on releasing this for all of those years because DT wouldn't release it until it was perfected.
View Quote
No need to resent people for believing a lie. Until you've had someone convincingly bold faced lie to you its a pretty alien thing to a lot of people. Thats why con men (con is short for confidence) are a thing after all. I remember the first time it happened to me I stood up for one of my Joes then latter found out he had lied to me and I smoked his ass until he cried as a result.

The only people who deserve some anger is DT themselves not the optimists who overlooked their past shady behavior and half truths, to believe the DT propaganda machine. At the end of the day those optimists did you no harm, at worst they might have bought themselves a lemon that now needs a new accessory (aka gas plug which should be a warranty part to fix a flawed gas system design). Its not like they are believing a lie and pushing for a politician who will put the gun of government coercion to your head so they can pick your pockets, that I would get angry over. But simply believing a company offering an interesting product they had hope for? Lifes too short man, let it go. This thread is toxic enough at times without getting pissed at people for believing spokespeople at face value who they probably shouldn't have given the available evidence at the time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No need to resent people for believing a lie. Until you've had someone convincingly bold faced lie to you its a pretty alien thing to a lot of people. Thats why con men (con is short for confidence) are a thing after all. I remember the first time it happened to me I stood up for one of my Joes then latter found out he had lied to me and I smoked his ass until he cried as a result.

The only people who deserve some anger is DT themselves not the optimists who overlooked their past shady behavior and half truths, to believe the DT propaganda machine. At the end of the day those optimists did you no harm, at worst they might have bought themselves a lemon that now needs a new accessory (aka gas plug which should be a warranty part to fix a flawed gas system design). Its not like they are believing a lie and pushing for a politician who will put the gun of government coercion to your head so they can pick your pockets, that I would get angry over. But simply believing a company offering an interesting product they had hope for? Lifes too short man, let it go. This thread is toxic enough at times without getting pissed at people for believing spokespeople at face value who they probably shouldn't have given the available evidence at the time.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm out.... this thread and this gun are both stupid.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I just want my GB deposit back.

I don't give a fuck anymore.

Just want my MOOOOONEEEEYYYYYBAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just want my GB deposit back.

I don't give a fuck anymore.

Just want my MOOOOONEEEEYYYYYBAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!
View Quote
I contacted Sgt P last week and he is supposed to have my deposit sent back to me.  I would continue to wait if they had been more transparent and weren’t using us as test subjects.  It also pisses me off that they are charging the early buyers for the gas block.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
India. Awesome.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Makes sense in hindsight. They did say they were using a place other major manufacturers were using and there was a customs issue. I like the gun but I am sad to see dt drop so many balls. Cool gun and concept
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
India. Awesome.
View Quote
I've got nothing against MIM in general.

But yeah, you know India has a great and storied history in the development and manufacture of small arms and parts.

Those stories just happen to be horror stories.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Makes sense in hindsight. They did say they were using a place other major manufacturers were using and there was a customs issue. I like the gun but I am sad to see dt drop so many balls. Cool gun and concept
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Makes you wonder...what is actually American made on this rifle...we know other components are MIM and made in the Asian market. At this point, I can only trace the barrel being made in the US by FAXON and the bolt carrier (I believe that is machined in house by DT).

You'd expect at least the stressed parts like the barrel block and gas block being made from quality forged parts. Using MIM is ok for small parts...they can be made very well now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#14]
"I don't know why you guys are blowing this all out of proportion, just because you thought MIM stood for Metal Injection Molding when clearly DT used the other definition of MIM, namely Mushy Indian Metal!" -Resident DT Apologist
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I just want my damn group buy refund.  I was told that he would pull my file and get started on it last Friday.  I sent another email mid-week to see if that was done and when to expect it,  but I haven’t  received a reply.  There has been virtually no communication on the group buy since the deposits were sent and that was a long time ago.  This whole thing has benn a mess since day one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"I don't know why you guys are blowing this all out of proportion, just because you thought MIM stood for Metal Injection Molding when clearly DT used the other definition of MIM, namely Mushy Indian Metal!" -Resident DT Apologist
View Quote
MIM

Made in Mumbai
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just want my damn group buy refund.  I was told that he would pull my file and get started on it last Friday.  I sent another email mid-week to see if that was done and when to expect it,  but I haven’t  received a reply.  There has been virtually no communication on the group buy since the deposits were sent and that was a long time ago.  This whole thing has benn a mess since day one.
View Quote
I requested my refund got it a week later.  With all the issues people were posting I had to cancel before I got my 2500 dollar dud
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Have mine here in hand. Was not a pre order as I just waited till dealer locally got one..
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I notice that DT has attempted a lot of damage control on the employee review section of Glassdoor in the last week.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I notice that DT has attempted a lot of damage control on the employee review section of Glassdoor in the last week.
View Quote
While I agree that we should take multiple resources into account, glass door is shit. It’s a place people like to vent after they get fired for legitimate reasons. A way to try and hit back after getting caught stealing or some bs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#22]
This... is enough to get me to rethink getting a .50 HTI from DT.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]
It’s June
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Besides SIG, which other manufacturers use Indo-MIM?
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Nobody to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
DT - Delhi Tandoori Firearms
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I had the opportunity to handle (and option to purchase) a new DT SRS in .308 last week.  Neat idea, nifty rifle, but I'm not dropping $5K with a company that treats its customers like this!
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:38:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides SIG and DT
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a black MDR .308, low 1500s serial number that I've run eight different brands of .308 and 7.62x51 through in the break in period and just installed and tested the new 6-position gas plug today.

All 145-150gr

Three-position gas plug

Hirtenberger - Ripped rim, every shot, Adverse and Normal

Federal XM80CL Whitebox - Would not cycle through the ejection chute, cycled fine without the port cover on

PMC Bronze - Some rim damage

1980s South Korean PMC Surplus M80 - No rim damage

Remington UMC - Some rim damage

Fiocchi - Some rim damage

Sellier & Bellot - Some rim damage

Silver Bear - No damage, flawless function

Six position gas plug

Fiocchi - Cycled with rim damage on position 6 (wide open), cycled on position 3 with rim damage and one torn rim, Position 2 won't cycle out the ejection chute.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 2:44:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a black MDR .308, low 1500s serial number that I've run eight different brands of .308 and 7.62x51 through in the break in period and just installed and tested the new 6-position gas plug today.

All 145-150gr

Three-position gas plug

Hirtenberger - Ripped rim, every shot, Adverse and Normal

Federal XM80CL Whitebox - Would not cycle through the ejection chute, cycled fine without the port cover on

PMC Bronze - Some rim damage

1980s South Korean PMC Surplus M80 - No rim damage

Remington UMC - Some rim damage

Fiocchi - Some rim damage

Sellier & Bellot - Some rim damage

Silver Bear - No damage, flawless function

Six position gas plug

Fiocchi - Cycled with rim damage on position 6 (wide open), cycled on position 3 with rim damage and one torn rim, Position 2 won't cycle out the ejection chute.
View Quote
Screw that. I'd be getting my money back. No way I'd pay that kind of money for something that didn't run any better.

OP, update the title, it isn't April anymore, it's June.

I hate they can't fix them right. I really wanted a .308 one, but I have gotten burned on too many things being an early adopter. I'm poor and have to watch my money now, but if I was still making good money I would have got in on the pre order.  I've done it with cars, stereos, guns, musical equipment , cell phones, all kinds of things, so I'd probably have done it with this if I wasn't poor and needed to watch and see how it went. I guess being broke has it's advantages.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#31]
6pos gas block range report

40.5gr Tac, 175smk, LC 1x brass, #34 primer. Surefire Sps-300

Started off on #2.
One round, locked back.
2 rounds, fed and locked back.
Switched to #1
One round, locked back
2 rounds, fed and locked back
Loaded 5 and had stovepipish failure with carrier not moving rearward enough to eject spent case.
Switched back to setting 2 and fired 4 remaining.
Loaded the remaining of the 20rds from that mag.
Made it to #18 and the ejector panel popped loose. Never had that happen before and it jammed the case in between the bolt and charging mechanism. Had to dig it out with a screwdriver. It would bind up the charging mechanism and the tension on the case was never relieved. Cleared that and round 19 stuck in the chamber. I didn't have a cleaning rod with me because I thought I was past that but apparently not. It popped out easily with the weight of the rod when I got home.

I hadn't had any stuck case failures in 80 or 100 rounds so this was odd. I was hoping I could get to the bottom of the dead trigger issues I had been having though.

It hasn't been out of the safe in 2-3 months. Probably be another 2-3 before I feel like being disappointed again.

I wish I would have had good results to report but here we are.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Screw that. I'd be getting my money back. No way I'd pay that kind of money for something that didn't run any better.

OP, update the title, it isn't April anymore, it's June.

I hate they can't fix them right. I really wanted a .308 one, but I have gotten burned on too many things being an early adopter. I'm poor and have to watch my money now, but if I was still making good money I would have got in on the pre order.  I've done it with cars, stereos, guns, musical equipment , cell phones, all kinds of things, so I'd probably have done it with this if I wasn't poor and needed to watch and see how it went. I guess being broke has it's advantages.
View Quote
Not sure if I made it clear or not, but just about everything cycled except the Hirtenberger; I think it shoots well enough, but I'm not planning on keeping any of the brass I fire through it.

I also didn't clean it until after the initial break in with the three position gas plug.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
6pos gas block range report

40.5gr Tac, 175smk, LC 1x brass, #34 primer. Surefire Sps-300

Started off on #2.
One round, locked back.
2 rounds, fed and locked back.
Switched to #1
One round, locked back
2 rounds, fed and locked back
Loaded 5 and had stovepipish failure with carrier not moving rearward enough to eject spent case.
Switched back to setting 2 and fired 4 remaining.
Loaded the remaining of the 20rds from that mag.
Made it to #18 and the ejector panel popped loose. Never had that happen before and it jammed the case in between the bolt and charging mechanism. Had to dig it out with a screwdriver. It would bind up the charging mechanism and the tension on the case was never relieved. Cleared that and round 19 stuck in the chamber. I didn't have a cleaning rod with me because I thought I was past that but apparently not. It popped out easily with the weight of the rod when I got home.

I hadn't had any stuck case failures in 80 or 100 rounds so this was odd. I was hoping I could get to the bottom of the dead trigger issues I had been having though.

It hasn't been out of the safe in 2-3 months. Probably be another 2-3 before I feel like being disappointed again.

I wish I would have had good results to report but here we are.
View Quote
I really feel for you man, that just plain sucks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not sure if I made it clear or not, but just about everything cycled except the Hirtenberger; I think it shoots well enough, but I'm not planning on keeping any of the brass I fire through it.

I also didn't clean it until after the initial break in with the three position gas plug.
View Quote
Even if you don't reload or keep the brass, the problem is that if it is damaging rims, it is being hard on the extractor too. You're going to wind up with extractor damage. Also, if it's likely that you're going to damage some maker's brass enough that you will rip rims off, or the extractor will be damaged and start slipping off. Brass hardness can and does vary from lot to lot from the same manufacturer, and you might have a brand that works this time, but the next lot you might have brass that is soft enough that the rim gets ripped off and you have failures to extract.

That is no acceptable. If I paid a couple hundred bucks for a rifle and it did that, I'd work on fixing it, maybe put up with it as a beater, but for a $2000 gun, that is totally unacceptable. Those guns were meant to be and advertised and ultra reliable military grade guns. They aren't. They're far, far from it. I'd expect it from Century International, but Desert Tech, no way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Even if you don't reload or keep the brass, the problem is that if it is damaging rims, it is being hard on the extractor too. You're going to wind up with extractor damage. Also, if it's likely that you're going to damage some maker's brass enough that you will rip rims off, or the extractor will be damaged and start slipping off. Brass hardness can and does vary from lot to lot from the same manufacturer, and you might have a brand that works this time, but the next lot you might have brass that is soft enough that the rim gets ripped off and you have failures to extract.

That is no acceptable. If I paid a couple hundred bucks for a rifle and it did that, I'd work on fixing it, maybe put up with it as a beater, but for a $2000 gun, that is totally unacceptable. Those guns were meant to be and advertised and ultra reliable military grade guns. They aren't. They're far, far from it. I'd expect it from Century International, but Desert Tech, no way.
View Quote
They are not $2000....................they are $2500 + shipping.

While the challenge of release a whole new design is a big feat....it shouldn't have been released in its current form...but that is just me.

Once the Tavor 7 is released...we shall see how it stacks up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#36]
It appears as though DT is doing a PR "damage control-esque" type Q & A with their CEO on bullpup forum.

I wonder 1. Why and 2. Why now?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It appears as though DT is doing a PR "damage control-esque" type Q & A with their CEO on bullpup forum.

View Quote
Saw that too, seems a little too late. Really don't know why he included his little complaint list about other .308s on the market though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
And it’s already going predictably. He’s getting valid questions as well as valid complaints, and responding to both poorly. Then he makes a bizarre move by stating he’s not bashing the competition, and then proceeding to bash several competitors by name. Apparently companies like LMT, HK, IWI, and FN should be taking notes on how to make rifles from DT.

This isn’t the first time he’s publicly bashed competing manufacturers that have said nothing about DT either. Trashy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah I am not going to respond to the post he made about other 308s.

While I respect him to open up a Q&A...but to me...that was low coming from the CEO of a company...imagine if the CEO of HK, LMT and FN did the same...o wait...they wouldn't...they have class.

Just because people scrutinize the MDR and other platforms...employees of such companies need to stay out it. Quite frankly...I thought that response was very unprofessional coming from the CEO of DT.

Thinking that the MDR is better than the battle proven platforms such as the SCAR, G3, HK417 and the LMT is freaking laughable to me...all of those rifles have been been adopted by many military and LE forces...and have seen actual military field op use.

Wait...once the .223 MDR is released, it will be better than the HK 416, BREN 805, LMT MARS-L and the SCAR-L....just wait.

O well...I think the Tavor 7 is going to eat its lunch when it comes to market share and reliability. I think with the T7 coming is one of the reasons why he opened up the Q&A so that people get some false hopes so they do not sell off their MDRs or cancel more of their preorders....
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Yea he glossed over my main point that all those guns pretty much just run with anything you feed them while the mdr chokes, drops mags, etc.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yea he glossed over my main point that all those guns pretty much just run with anything you feed them while the mdr chokes, drops mags, etc.
View Quote
Yeah my LMT MWS will dance all day around a MDR in all aspects..except being compact like a bullpup.

I am pretty dead set now on giving up my LMT MWS for the Tavor 7 after this little stunt from him. As long as the Tavor 7 is reliable.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Link or copy paste?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because of people like me who have invested in a group buy for over two years have given up and got our refunds after seeing way too many malfunction reports.  Can’t spend that much on a rifle and be the test subject.  They had over two years to work the kinks out and I accepted the delays saying hey at least they aren’t pushing out a piece of shit just to make money.  Well over two years later it appears they inevitably pushed a piece of shit out
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And it’s already going predictably. He’s getting valid questions as well as valid complaints, and responding to both poorly. Then he makes a bizarre move by stating he’s not bashing the competition, and then proceeding to bash several competitors by name. Apparently companies like LMT, HK, IWI, and FN should be taking notes on how to make rifles from DT.

This isn’t the first time he’s publicly bashed competing manufacturers that have said nothing about DT either. Trashy.
View Quote
You (not you specifically, but everyone who has responded similarly) realize that the point he was making (if it is the reply I'm thinking of where he listed exaggerated failures of several competing designs) was sarcasm about how it seems like every thing that has gone wrong with the MDR is blown out of proportion and simply did it with competing designs to illustrate the point.

At least that was how I read it at 1AM this morning.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
...sarcasm about how it seems like every thing that has gone wrong with the MDR is blown out of proportion...
View Quote
Sarcasm, particularly DEFENSIVE-sounding sarcasm is RARELY appreciated by customers - but hey, I'm not the CEO of Delphi Tandoori firearms, so what do I know?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#46]
If that was sarcasm on his part, I suppose that is par-for-the-course with Nick. His ability to respond appropriately has been questioned before.

At this point, he'd be better of giving CBM a raise and some more info to dispense. At least, CBM has been one of the few aspects that has been reliable when it comes to MDR info and discussion.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#47]
HK G3, this is the hardest recoiling .308 win I have ever shot, I love the G3 it is 100% reliable all the time with everything due to it being a extremely heavy steel receiver rifle which allows it to have one setting which is extremely over gassing the ejection.  They can do this because they have an extractor claw that has substantially more engagement than other rifles, that is why their over gasing doesn't rip the rims. As a result it feeds everything but kicks the snot out of you.  It also folds brass in half when it hits the ejection port and flings it 20+ yards in front of you.
View Quote
Wow, It's a good thing this guy is just a CEO and not a firearms designer. His statements above make me seriously doubt this statement he made below.

I have personally owned an HK 91, 93, 94, SP89, 53, PSG1, and MSG90 so I am very familiar with these rifles.
View Quote
If he's very familiar with these rifles, perhaps he can explain how a rifle with No gas system is over gassed?
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wow, It's a good thing this guy is just a CEO and not a firearms designer. His statements above make me seriously doubt this statement he made below.

If he's very familiar with these rifles, perhaps he can explain how a rifle with No gas system is over gassed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
HK G3, this is the hardest recoiling .308 win I have ever shot, I love the G3 it is 100% reliable all the time with everything due to it being a extremely heavy steel receiver rifle which allows it to have one setting which is extremely over gassing the ejection.  They can do this because they have an extractor claw that has substantially more engagement than other rifles, that is why their over gasing doesn't rip the rims. As a result it feeds everything but kicks the snot out of you.  It also folds brass in half when it hits the ejection port and flings it 20+ yards in front of you.

I have personally owned an HK 91, 93, 94, SP89, 53, PSG1, and MSG90 so I am very familiar with these rifles.
Wow, that is very telling.  The MDR train seems to be seriously derailing, I wonder if DT can survive this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah I shook my head at that a bit too. Plus my ptr91s recoil a hell of a lot less than the saiga 308 a work acquaintance had that thing was fucking awful. I’m in the camp it’s an overblown internet complaint.

I get his counters to other rifles were sarcasm he even said as much in his post but.... it came off like a know it all college kid lecturing someone who has been working in the field they are majoring in for decades on how it is in the real world. All the rifles he critiqued have real military usage and some of them a pretty substantial combat pedegree. His rifle is brand new, years late, and has lots of problems reported as well as being extremely ammo sensitive for a “battle rifle”.

It will be interesting to see if he answers any hardball questions instead of acting like it’s the first time he’s heard of issues that people have complained about for months (like the magazine well not being compatible with many sr25 pattern mags). Or falling back to the let me ask my engineers maneuver. Or the call me personally maneuver (really like that’s going to solve a issue that should have been discovered in the r&d process). To me the blaming ammo thing reminded me of the old horror stories about Todd Bailey and his antics of always blame the customer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I think his responses, even though sarcastic...were unprofessional and shouldn't come out of any firearm CEO's mouth...no matter how bad you feel that your platform is choking and not living up to the expectations that were set to the marketplace.

The MDR is nothing but a niche, bench shooting gun for tactical pajama ninjas that want to be cool with their friends...can it be a serious battle rifle...it certainly has the design to do so...but there are still many issues (which can be solved) that compounds into a snow ball effect.

So far, I think there is only one reported user that has over 700 rounds of trouble free shooting with the MDR outside of DT facility...everyone else has not even come close to that. Those are not very good odds. I know if I had a good working MDR...I would be reporting it all over the internet to help out the brand. Not very good odds.

You ever wonder why well known online bloggers haven't really reviewed the MDR? or just random users making videos about it? It has been released for quite a while....

Remember the In Range video...they stated that all preorders will be filled by May....well its June......still nothing.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top