Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
any update on your MDRX?  

couple of quick questions that are preventing me from going forward with my purchase:
how is the mag release?  owners of the gen1 guns pretty universally stated the forward mag release was stiff and I wondered if the polymer lower was adding drag to the complex bar mechanism.  updated plastic in the lower could be designed to help with this?
are the takedown pins still really stiff?

thanks,
Eric
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any update on your MDRX?  

couple of quick questions that are preventing me from going forward with my purchase:
how is the mag release?  owners of the gen1 guns pretty universally stated the forward mag release was stiff and I wondered if the polymer lower was adding drag to the complex bar mechanism.  updated plastic in the lower could be designed to help with this?
are the takedown pins still really stiff?

thanks,
Eric
View Quote

So a couple offers up front, anyone in az who wants to check it out in good meeting up and if you want any specific videos let me know as I have a go pro I’m trying to keep tabs on all the bullpups while we test and compare them. Another thing g to consider is that my gen1 was one of the first and it was in 308 which went through all the upgrades insluding 3 different gas blocks where my mdrx or gen2 is a 556 sitting basically stock. No new range updates as ammo is becoming hard to find and prices are basically doubling so I am keeping my stock where it is right now. That said since updates gen1 had zero issues and mdrx has had zero issues. Polymer feels stiffer, I can’t flex it like I could on the gen 1 where there was some movement. The takedown pins on the receiver are way easier and I can actually Do them with a bullet where before I needed a punch set. That said the pin on the handguard on the mdrx still needs a punch, I am hopeful it will loosen as it was very dry so maybe a little live and we’re good there but with this handguard having the cut out I don’t see the need to take it off much. Also the setting won’t need to be changed from my understanding as the manual has a big sticker saying no brake in needed where the gen1 wanted adverse up front to brake in. The mag release on both as far as stiffness goes is perfect on the rear, front left harder and front right hardest. This was the same on both but where it changes is the gen1 required me to shift my grip until it started to loosen up the mdrx does not. Stiff yes but not problematic like gen1. I have no way to measure the strength needed but it’s not an issue on the x where it was on the gen1. I currently have more issues with the stock aug release than the mdrx. Below is the only pin I can’t do with just a bullet. Also no brake in needed in manual although the manual and case are pretty much exact same which makes sense. No x designation outside of the receiver next to serial number Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the answers - if I wasn't on the other side of the country I'd take you up on your offer.  I think I'll order one tomorrow.  it's only money right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:40:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
thanks for the answers - if I wasn't on the other side of the country I'd take you up on your offer.  I think I'll order one tomorrow.  it's only money right?
View Quote

That is true. I just generally like bullpups. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy ar15/ak style as much as the next guy but with the laws as they are I see a real benefit in the bullpup design. Unfortunately the list of bullpups that are supported here is pretty short and while I like the aug and the x95 neither really maintains all of the modern feature sets I like where the mdr appears to be going for it. As long as the mdrx stays reliable I will be very happy with it and I am looking into the 6.5 for hunting as well. My 308 ar10 is more of a bench gun and I’ve never been much of a fan of the scar17.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:07:44 AM EDT
[#5]
So messing around on the atf website and it looks like DT made 613 guns before the mdr and 2018 they made just over 2000, now I wonder what this last year will be and will look when that is released but is that full growth (or near it) entirely the mdr or did they just get popular from the press and their other rifles sold? Basically does Anyone know how much of DT is the mdr vs their other product lines? Reason I ask is I thought I had heard awhile back half of everything they made was mdr. I also assume that 2019 will be higher since 2018 was just ramping up and fulfilling preorders as well as getting the 556 out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
That can't be right. My gen 2 srs is in the 22xx range and I have to think they sold a bunch more a1s than gen 1 and 2 put together
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up my MDRX in 556 yesterday - my serial is in the mid 4000s for whatever that's worth.

the fit & finish is quite nice, as it should be at it's price point.

now if only my scope would arrive - for now an aimpoint pro will have to suffice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That can't be right. My gen 2 srs is in the 22xx range and I have to think they sold a bunch more a1s than gen 1 and 2 put together
View Quote

No clue, happy to be proved wrong but serial numbers typically don’t start at 1, desert tech might but generally they often don’t. often they start in thousands to my understanding. You can have one rifle say 1xxx and another 2xxx and they never made more than a couple hundred but the change denominated country it went to or change in design. My mdr was 300 range and my mdrx is 3100 range. All that said I know numbers don’t count on atf site if they didn’t make the receiver as a few local companies that do their own rifle are buying the lowers so it shows 0 even though they sell to local PDs a lot and have a good name. All this said maybe I’m a dumbass here and reading it wrong. Again happy to be proved wrong so I can figure it out, I thought those numbers were low but then again the cost of every other desert tech and their accessories could keep a company going on that few
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up my MDRX in 556 yesterday - my serial is in the mid 4000s for whatever that's worth.

the fit & finish is quite nice, as it should be at it's price point.

now if only my scope would arrive - for now an aimpoint pro will have to suffice.
View Quote

Nothing wrong with that. I prefer a red dot, I went down the scope (1-4/1-8) route and was never as fast as I am with the red dot so I put those on the hunting guns and left the red dot for two gun runs out to 250 yards, not an issue so far. I got mine not terribly long ago and I’m 3100 range so maybe they are pumping them out quickly. Nothing wrong with fit or finish except the pin for the rail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't spend my time playing with split timers, but I appreciate/prefer the flexibility of a LVPO.  I pre-ordered a Vortex R3 1-10 - the magnification is a good fit for this setup as I'll be switching between 6.5 creed (or 6 creed if I can find a barrel) and 556.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So messing around on the atf website and it looks like DT made 613 guns before the mdr and 2018 they made just over 2000, now I wonder what this last year will be and will look when that is released but is that full growth (or near it) entirely the mdr or did they just get popular from the press and their other rifles sold? Basically does Anyone know how much of DT is the mdr vs their other product lines? Reason I ask is I thought I had heard awhile back half of everything they made was mdr. I also assume that 2019 will be higher since 2018 was just ramping up and fulfilling preorders as well as getting the 556 out.
View Quote
I could've sworn that I read they won a few contracts within the last year for bolt guns.  That'll bump up the numbers a bit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
it's anecdotal data, but when I first bought a DT SRS about 6 years ago they were definitely must less common to seem them in the wild or in online representation.  They certainly aren't as common as R700s, Ruger RPRs, and Savage 10s, but they seem to be selling better.  There are now at least a handful of dealers in MN that will carry them, though you won't always find them out on display.  their offerings are definitely a niche in an already small community (bullpup lovers).
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
That’s true, I think they have only been around for about 12 years or so, coming up with the stuff they have done is pretty cool considering the timeline. Anyway gonna go do another 200 rounds tomorrow on the mdrx and if I can get more ammo! More next Friday. This ammo crunch is nuts right now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
More rounds down range of iwi 556. Shot the aug next to the mdrx today too. Mdrx does shoot way more flat but the aug is much more comfortable to run with. You really notice the extra weight on your wrist since the aug is more balanced compared to the mdrx. However a sling should help both but the drills were without a sling. The groupings weren’t great but I think I was able to do a little better with the mdrx. I put that up to shooting rapid and less muzzle rise on the mdrx. These were standing on running drills around 50 yards.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there any option available to change out the handgrip? Magpie doesn't seem to have anything?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is there any option available to change out the handgrip? Magpie doesn't seem to have anything?
View Quote

Three I know of, desert tech standard, desert tech suppressor handguard, and a aftermarket aluminum version(short for regular use and long for suppressor use).  There was talk about a longer stock rail for the 20in barrels but DT has also stated they won’t announce anything until it’s ready to ship now so not sure on that. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoops, I am a dumbass there, thought you said handguard. Gonna leave last post since it’s still might be helpful for someone. Nothing for the grip I know of however it can be switched. Possible someone is making a grip as it’s removable but nothing has come on market. Only thing I would like different is more of a rubber style of grip, that said I don’t think DT makes enough for magpul to do anything yet. Maybe I’ll check how a ar seats tonight although I’m in pretty sure it won’t go well maybe worth a check. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Whoops, I am a dumbass there, thought you said handguard. Gonna leave last post since it’s still might be helpful for someone. Nothing for the grip I know of however it can be switched. Possible someone is making a grip as it’s removable but nothing has come on market. Only thing I would like different is more of a rubber style of grip, that said I don’t think DT makes enough for magpul to do anything yet. Maybe I’ll check how a ar seats tonight although I’m in pretty sure it won’t go well maybe worth a check. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448154/052D182C-0045-49AE-99FC-B6F8D0CBC07E_jpe-1353174.JPG
View Quote

lol "magpie" spell check strikes again

no worries - I have tried fitting up different grips - not even close to an AR and did not seem possible to dremel...
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#19]
the grip is replaceable, but I'm not aware of any aftermarket options.  I'd like to see a cutlass style grip to go a little old-school Aug vibe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#20]
got my MDRx in 308W yesterday

Setup 1 : Primay Arms 1-8X24 with Magpul mag

Setup 2 : Micro T1 with Lancer L7AWM

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#22]

I can’t lie, that looks absolutely awesome. Think the 1-8 has the edge on utility.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It certainly LOOKS good, but the proof is in the pudding.
View Quote

You're right
It's why i said nothing about the MDRx
I know the MDR has/had a lot of issues
I have to go to the range to find out
I ll let you know

But i have to admit it's damn sexy :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#24]
i went to the range today to zero my scope
I shot 50 rounds (aguila 150gr FMJBT)
It ran flawlessly and the recoil was really soft (like my SCAR 17S)
The trigger is not bad at all (not as good as a Geissele) and certainly the best of all bullpup i have ever shot . (AUG-Tavor-PS90-FAMAS)
So far so good but i have to shoot more :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m on the 556 this time and it’s very flat shooting, better than most but this has a comp and the other bullpups have flashhiders. That said it’s been a very solid gun. Did more pistol work last weekend but 100 more rounds down and no issues still. Good to see the 308 is preforming as well and I agree the new trigger is very good
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#26]
i shot 50 Hornady 155gr BTHP rounds today with no issue
Pretty good accuracy especially from a bad shooter like me.
No bipod or shooting bag ,just a wood stand.
Around 1 or 1.5MOA
One of my best group :

So far so good
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
So a couple weeks ago I got an MDRX 308w that had a few minor issues. The front and rear mag releases are real stiff and seem to bind slightly. My front mag release can't drop the mag 85% of the time with one finger, unless I use my thumb. The trigger pack retainer is cracked. And the barrel retention screws are warped. Of course desert tech promptly sent me a warranty label to send the product back to get fixed.

Didn't get a chance to shoot it. However, overall quality and feel of the gun seems to be (in my opinion) wayyyyy quality craftsmanship. The charging handle is nice, forward eject mechanism is easy and simple to understand. Caliber conversion is quick and easy. Stock tigger is better than my stock X95 trigger by miles (with no "mushyness") with a Jard trigger pack it made it even more desirable (feels like an AR trigger with adjustable weight). It does seem to "feel" more quality and well made than my X95. I have to put some rounds through it to make my final determination though. As a user above said, the proof is in the pudding.

Good news is I don't see anyone on here or TOF who have had the issues I had right out of the gate like me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ahrion:
So a couple weeks ago I got an MDRX 308w that had a few minor issues. The front and rear mag releases are real stiff and seem to bind slightly. My front mag release can't drop the mag 85% of the time with one finger, unless I use my thumb. The trigger pack retainer is cracked. And the barrel retention screws are warped. Of course desert tech promptly sent me a warranty label to send the product back to get fixed.

Didn't get a chance to shoot it. However, overall quality and feel of the gun seems to be (in my opinion) wayyyyy quality craftsmanship. The charging handle is nice, forward eject mechanism is easy and simple to understand. Caliber conversion is quick and easy. Stock tigger is better than my stock X95 trigger by miles (with no "mushyness") with a Jard trigger pack it made it even more desirable (feels like an AR trigger with adjustable weight). It does seem to "feel" more quality and well made than my X95. I have to put some rounds through it to make my final determination though. As a user above said, the proof is in the pudding. 

Good news is I don't see anyone on here or TOF who have had the issues I had right out of the gate like me.
View Quote

Your statement is confusing. How can you logically state that something is of better quality when right out of the gate you have to send it back for stiff mag releases (known issue since day 1), a cracked trigger pack retainer and warped barrel retention screws...without firing a single shot...

Doesn't scream....waaaaayyy quality craftsmanship...to me it seems DT is still having spotty quality 3 years into the MDR...
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Bout sums it up:

Digital Underground - Same Song (feat. 2Pac) [Official Music Video]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Your statement is confusing. How can you logically state that something is of better quality when right out of the gate you have to send it back for stiff mag releases (known issue since day 1), a cracked trigger pack retainer and warped barrel retention screws...without firing a single shot...

Doesn't scream....waaaaayyy quality craftsmanship...to me it seems DT is still having spotty quality 3 years into the MDR...
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing...

I bought about 600rds of federal 180gr soft point. The mdr seems to like it and seems to shoot 1-1.25moa. it's pretty good wild hog medicine. I've smacked a few so far with it.
Since switching from the sps-300 to a sico hybrid it's been reliable. It has a good tone and fairly light recoil, partly from the anchor brake maybe? Much less backpressure I assume, had to switch from 2-3 for reliable function.
I'm still liking the life industries handguard. It's big and blocky but with a stubby vfg it works. With a rail mounted dbal I can see some deflection in the rail but it's tolerable and it seems to return to zero. If I didn't have a dovetail plate on the bottom for tripod shooting I probably wouldn't notice it. The factory plastic was abysmal.

I put a G3 razor on my mws and swapped the 1-6 mk6 over to the mdr. With the 762 reticle it seems like a good fit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#31]
i shot 100 more rounds this week and it ran flawlessly

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#32]
The literal definition of flawed.

Ironically so bad that even the title failed to load!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Aussie_E:
The literal definition of flawed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuC0HEUz4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU7_MedcnA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXRsXxuNPpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXAlblqNKCE

Ironically so bad that even the title failed to load!
View Quote

I bet Desert Tech is ready to pull their hair out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By realwar:

I bet Desert Tech is ready to pull their hair out.
View Quote

there sure are a lot of "quirks" with this rifle...

I guess I got lucky with mine but the one minor annoyance is the safety - it needs to be de-horned"
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

In their defense the last 2 malfunction vids could very well be user error from incorrect gas setting. The adjustability is nice, necessary sometimes,  but let's be honest a lot of people just don't understand how things work.

Mine as it sits now. I had a spare dbal d2 on the side but it's too blocky and heavy. Waiting on the new tnvc torir laser to show up so I can put it at 12 at the end of the rail.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By newguy2k3:

In their defense the last 2 malfunction vids could very well be user error from incorrect gas setting. The adjustability is nice, necessary sometimes,  but let's be honest a lot of people just don't understand how things work.

Mine as it sits now. I had a spare dbal d2 on the side but it's too blocky and heavy. Waiting on the new tnvc torir laser to show up so I can put it at 12 at the end of the rail. 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34327/DC233EE8-D1F1-4514-B8B2-B38DEDF55230_jpe-1418600.JPG
View Quote

Okay so while the mag release is stiff and takes a lot of "push" lush with your index finger (not all the time), it's not too hard where you cannot release with a quick thumb tap. I have small hands and I can say that much.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#37]

In their defense the last 2 malfunction vids could very well be user error from incorrect gas setting. The adjustability is nice, necessary sometimes,  but let's be honest a lot of people just don't understand how things work.

Mine as it sits now. I had a spare dbal d2 on the side but it's too blocky and heavy. Waiting on the new tnvc torir laser to show up so I can put it at 12 at the end of the rail. 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34327/DC233EE8-D1F1-4514-B8B2-B38DEDF55230_jpe-1418600.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

RDB's can also have rather embarrassingly catastrophic issues from maladjustment...which is why I wish they'd make the damn gas valve detent more solid than it is
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Okay so while the mag release is stiff and takes a lot of "push" lush with your index finger (not all the time), it's not too hard where you cannot release with a quick thumb tap. I have small hands and I can say that much.
View All Quotes

Okay so while the mag release is stiff and takes a lot of "push" lush with your index finger (not all the time), it's not too hard where you cannot release with a quick thumb tap. I have small hands and I can say that much.

He was clearly having to apply north of 20lbs of force; that's not an ergonomic issue, that's shit not fitting together properly.

Now, a mechanically minded person could probably find & address the (likely) .002-.003 of material that's the issue, but 1) Youtube complaining is just so easy, and 2) the gun costs too damn much for someone at DT to not check the mag release in final QA inspections.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ve messed with mine a good bit. I have had none of those issues on my mdrx. What I have seen is if you back out the mag catch screw when doing the trigger replacement (you don’t need to) you can easily not put it back in correct and there becomes a lot of dead space on the mag release. Took me 4 times to fix it realizing the errors. Take a video showing this screw when hitting mag releases (below).Attachment Attached File
The rest I don’t know but I have also not seen any side eject models so far. That said the casings honestly look like they are raming the chamber and not going into full battery. Had this issue on my x95 and the casings look the same. Needed a trip to IwI to fix the issue.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:
I’ve messed with mine a good bit. I have had none of those issues on my mdrx. What I have seen is if you back out the mag catch screw when doing the trigger replacement (you don’t need to) you can easily not put it back in correct and there becomes a lot of dead space on the mag release. Took me 4 times to fix it realizing the errors. Take a video showing this screw when hitting mag releases (below).https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448154/74EE2468-C188-4252-911B-75793A3F768C_jpe-1419501.JPG The rest I don’t know but I have also not seen any side eject models so far. That said the casings honestly look like they are raming the chamber and not going into full battery. Had this issue on my x95 and the casings look the same. Needed a trip to IwI to fix the issue.
View Quote

It's likely short-stroking
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By barnbwt:

It's likely short-stroking
View Quote

My pic is related to the mag release.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So a couple weeks ago I got an MDRX 308w that had a few minor issues. The front and rear mag releases are real stiff and seem to bind slightly. My front mag release can't drop the mag 85% of the time with one finger, unless I use my thumb. The trigger pack retainer is cracked. And the barrel retention screws are warped. Of course desert tech promptly sent me a warranty label to send the product back to get fixed.

Didn't get a chance to shoot it. However, overall quality and feel of the gun seems to be (in my opinion) wayyyyy quality craftsmanship. The charging handle is nice, forward eject mechanism is easy and simple to understand. Caliber conversion is quick and easy. Stock tigger is better than my stock X95 trigger by miles (with no "mushyness") with a Jard trigger pack it made it even more desirable (feels like an AR trigger with adjustable weight). It does seem to "feel" more quality and well made than my X95. I have to put some rounds through it to make my final determination though. As a user above said, the proof is in the pudding.

Good news is I don't see anyone on here or TOF who have had the issues I had right out of the gate like me.
View Quote

That sucks big time, have you gotten the rifle back yet?

Also how did you know about the barrel retention screws being warped?  I am slightly confused on what you even mean by the statement honestly, the mag release seems to really stiff on most models.  Hope they get you all sorted out and fixed
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He was clearly having to apply north of 20lbs of force; that's not an ergonomic issue, that's shit not fitting together properly.

Now, a mechanically minded person could probably find & address the (likely) .002-.003 of material that's the issue, but 1) Youtube complaining is just so easy, and 2) the gun costs too damn much for someone at DT to not check the mag release in final QA inspections.
View Quote

And this is the problem with DT and the MDR...for the price...these issues should have been negated by now with the MDR being in its 3rd year of production with 3.5 years of prototyping...but no...we still have these idiotic issues...some rifles are perfect...others are not...it seems they are worst than Keltec now with these hiccups at double or triple the cost.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And this is the problem with DT and the MDR...for the price...these issues should have been negated by now with the MDR being in its 3rd year of production with 3.5 years of prototyping...but no...we still have these idiotic issues...some rifles are perfect...others are not...it seems they are worst than Keltec now with these hiccups at double or triple the cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That sucks big time, have you gotten the rifle back yet?

Also how did you know about the barrel retention screws being warped?  I am slightly confused on what you even mean by the statement honestly, the mag release seems to really stiff on most models.  Hope they get you all sorted out and fixed

Quoted:

The thing is, this isn't my first rodeo. I'm extremely careful with the tools I use and I love taking my firearms apart and figuring out the internals and modding them (X95, Mcx Rattler, MDRX, pistols, etc). I torqued the screws to it's specified torque specs using my Fix-It-Stick AIO tool + Wheeler Torque Wrench to verify torque.

In terms of quality, I mean that it "feels" more quality than my X95. Meaning just feeling the firearm feels like quality. My X95 feel like plastic. Especially at the front of the receiver. However, there seems to be the most issues isn't the quality per se at Desert Tech, but their quality control. They need to do a better job vetting their products. Or it could be issues when assembling.

At any rate, they already made a tracking label for it to come back. They just haven't sent it out yet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The thing is, this isn't my first rodeo. I'm extremely careful with the tools I use and I love taking my firearms apart and figuring out the internals and modding them (X95, Mcx Rattler, MDRX, pistols, etc). I torqued the screws to it's specified torque specs using my Fix-It-Stick AIO tool + Wheeler Torque Wrench to verify torque.

In terms of quality, I mean that it "feels" more quality than my X95. Meaning just feeling the firearm feels like quality. My X95 feel like plastic. Especially at the front of the receiver. However, there seems to be the most issues isn't the quality per se at Desert Tech, but their quality control. They need to do a better job vetting their products. Or it could be issues when assembling.

At any rate, they already made a tracking label for it to come back. They just haven't sent it out yet.
View Quote

It has been the same song and dance with DT since the release of the MDR...their quality control is spotty as all get out...don't worry...you are doing the vetting for them....
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Update.  I'm not sure if this is normal, but DT CS said that they "reshaped" my mag release transfer bar (as a result of binding) and fixed my other concerns on my rifle. Still waiting for it to be shipped back. Does anyone know what they mean by reshaped?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#47]
whatever the industry buzzword for "dremel" is, would be my guess.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
whatever the industry buzzword for "dremel" is, would be my guess.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

If I were a betting man, I'd say that also means they "couldn't reproduce" your other issues and will send the rifle back with them unaddressed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

If I were a betting man, I'd say that also means they "couldn't reproduce" your other issues and will send the rifle back with them unaddressed.
View Quote

I mean they said they replaced the barrel retention screws in addition to fixing the sear pack retainer. We'll see what they did. Might send pics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#50]
That seems like a solution asking for a problem.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top