Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 7:11:43 PM EDT
I am now the proud owner of a Daewoo dr-200.Does anyone know where to get any of the small parts? Extractor,ejector,a bolt?I know the trigger and springs are close and the firing pin is the same.If I'me going to keep it I think these are the main things I'll need.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say it, but you could be in for a very long search. A friend of mine has one (which used to be mine), and neither one of us has ever been able to find spare parts, other than the trigger group, and that's only because it came with the skeleton stock. I would keep the rifle, though, because when I bought it, I paid $425 NIB, and 2 years later, they were going for close to $800.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This one use to be mine.Sold it 2 years ago for $500,got it back last week for $500!Some things are just ment to behe
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing about the skeleton stock is it even has a flip-up wire loop, like the flip-up plate on an M60.  When I had mine, I cut off the fake suppressor 1/4 inch in front of the rifled portion of the barrel, and put on a Smith Compensator (I got the one for post-ban Colt HBars). I spot-welded it at the set-scre holes in the brake. It took some drilling of the brake to get it to fit onto the barrel, and made SURE that it was centered, but under REALLY rapid fire, the muzzle stays dead level, and doesn't hurt accuracy at all. The skeleton stock does make it really nose-heavy, if that is a concern.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
www.riflestocks.com/html/ace_ltd__products_3.html The skeleton stock kits come with hammer, trigger and disconnector. I could'nt find any other parts with a google search. The original importers were listed on a search result for "daewoo dr200". Wonder if any of them might have any parts leftover?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Might want to be careful with the hammer that comes with the stock, though. The one that came with mine was an M16 hammer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
LOL

I got my K2 last spring for $100 Canadian!!!!

I am a baaaad boy!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up my Daewoo used about 3 years ago for $300. I've been lookin' for parts since then.
All I've seen is the stock kit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless you've got access to a milling machine and the skills and materials to make the parts, there are two ways of getting spare parts:

- Buy a second DR200 and canabalize it.

- Get lucky and find somebody on line with a connection who is able to get a few parts off of returned, damaged rifles from the importer.  I was lucky enough to get a couple of firing pins and a recoil spring assembly this way, but that source dried up quickly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone actually had a parts breakage problem with Daewoo K2 (Max2, DR200, Or whatever else they called it)?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Stormbringer what a great deal...that's like what $5 American?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
How about this?  With your past skills as a hightly trained Tanker (Treadhead) you could go join the ROC Army for a couple of years and steal a bunch of parts while you are inservice. I think this is the best solution for you. Or you could just sell the gun and go buy a new AR.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How about this?  With your past skills as a hightly trained Tanker (Treadhead) you could go join the ROC Army for a couple of years and steal a bunch of parts while you are inservice. I think this is the best solution for you. Or you could just sell the gun and go buy a new AR.

And spend December on the DMZ? NO THANKS!But I think I may be better off selling it and buying a new AR.What are Daewoos selling for?I know some people ask $800 or $900,but what are people paying?
And being a Tanker is better than jumping out of a damn good airplane!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top