Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2002 5:03:03 PM EDT
Just picked up a DR200 and the receiver is marked .223.  Now I know this is a civilian version of their military rifle and it was not put into production until the early 80's.  Wouldn't our allies have chambered it in 5.56 to take advantage of sharing our ammo?  That is why they designed it to take AR mags right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It most likely IS chambered for 5.56, but since it was meant for the civilian market, they probably put a "223 rem" stamp on it because the average civilian (unless they're a USMC/US Army veteran) has no clue what 5.56x45mm is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Be assured that it's a 5.56 chamber.  Owned one for awhile. Never fired anything but military in it.  Heck, I doubt the Koreans even know there is any other chamber dimension but the military. Far as I know, they build these barrels right on their military production line.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you the one who picked it up at the Equipment exchange for $400?
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
No, I could have had that one but already ordered this one for $550 and paid for it.  This one was in better shape anyway and the seller was not a new registrant.  Not bashing the seller of the $400 gun, he was just too unknown, and I already ordered this one.  I have a lead on a second one I will likely buy next month, in the 500 range again.  Just waiting on my bonus check.  These things are beyond sweet!
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
First task for ya: ditch the factory abomination, and put on the ACE Ltd skeleton stock!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top