Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/12/2006 2:03:58 PM EDT by mstennes]
Ok I decided to order a Para of some sort my question is what is the difference between a Para and a Para Congo, or the Tactical? I see they have different barrel lengths and action lentghs which is the way to go standard or shrotend? Is there more I need to know? I want rails which there? Its also going to get my QCT so it will need a cover rail also. I guess before I jump in on the Para or FAL for that question educate me.
Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:47:43 PM EDT

I just got the standard SA58 and added the para stock and extreme duty scope mount. I didn't want a short 18" barrel the Para Congo has. I think if you go with the standard FAL you can pretty much customize it from scratch when you talk to DSA. I would think the PC is futher down the chain- more completed- less alternatives.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:01:34 PM EDT
OK so whats the difference between standard action and shortend?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:44:40 PM EDT
Are you referring to the short vs. standard length gas system? If yes, then that's your answer.

Personal preference as to which is better, unless you want a barrel length shorter than 14.5 inches AND still have it function. Then the choice is narrowed down. Some like the long, some like the short. I have a 16 inch barrel and it's fine with the standard length, with some gas port work.

I just purchased a 13 incher on a short gas system. I'm also going to cut down the para stock about 2 inches to shorten the LOP. Looking for small package, yet like a gas piston .308.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:54:51 PM EDT
Yes thats is my question on gas sytems why the short vs long? What is the advantage/disadvantages I mean it is adjustable right so why would you opt for shotened unless your going SBR?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:40 AM EDT
For me, it's just a preference. I have a standard, now I want to try a short. It should "feel" lighter at the front end because the gas block is further back, gas tube and piston are shorter too for a slight (very slight) weight advantage.

Plus the SBR route in the future is an option. I absolutely love the way the FAL looks with a 11 inch barrel and standard buttstock. There is a picture of one in the picture thread, page 4 I believe.

Top Top