Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 2:02:01 PM EDT
Ok I decided to order a Para of some sort my question is what is the difference between a Para and a Para Congo, or the Tactical?  I see they have different barrel lengths and action lentghs which is the way to go standard or shrotend?  Is there more I need to know?  I want rails which there?  Its also going to get my QCT so it will need a cover rail also.  I guess before I jump in on the Para or FAL for that question educate me.
Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]

I just got the standard SA58 and added the para stock and extreme duty scope mount. I didn't want a short 18" barrel the Para Congo has. I think if you go with the standard FAL you can pretty much customize it from scratch when you talk to DSA. I would think the PC is futher down the chain- more completed- less alternatives.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
OK so whats the difference between standard action and shortend?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you referring to the short vs. standard length gas system?  If yes, then that's your answer.

Personal preference as to which is better, unless you want a barrel length shorter than 14.5 inches AND still have it function.  Then the choice is narrowed down.  Some like the long, some like the short.  I have a 16 inch barrel and it's fine with the standard length, with some gas port work.

I just purchased a 13 incher on a short gas system.  I'm also going to cut down the para stock about 2 inches to shorten the LOP.  Looking for small package, yet like a gas piston .308.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes thats is my question on gas sytems why the short vs long?  What is the advantage/disadvantages I mean it is adjustable right so why would you opt for shotened unless your going SBR?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
For me, it's just a preference.  I have a standard, now I want to try a short.  It should "feel" lighter at the front end because the gas block is further back, gas tube and piston are shorter too for a slight (very slight) weight advantage.  

Plus the SBR route in the future is an option.  I absolutely love the way the FAL looks with a 11 inch barrel and standard buttstock.  There is a picture of one in the picture thread, page 4 I believe.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top