Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2002 1:46:50 PM EDT
just kidding, but dont you wish they did?

leg-pulling lib
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You are truly evil.

I have been pondering a second 5.56 gun that uses AR mags (since I've sunk so much dough into stinking AR mags).  

Have thought about the Bushy M-17 Bullpup, but am turned off by all the comments on the heavy trigger pull, and quick heat up.  Don't want to dump a ton into a customization of a stock one either.

Have thought about the AR-180B route, but am not doing it yet as no chrome lined barrel, and the muzzle brake is a turn off.  But it still perks my interest.

Will probably go for a 16" AR, and one of those Bushmaster Stubby stocks, but the FNC would be more my choice.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried earlier to send an e-mail to DSA to ask them if/when they would make one. Unfortunately my work computer would not let me send it. -setup problem.

When i get the chance im going to send it and see what feedback i get.

While i dont really need another 5.56mm. I think it would be great for a company that produces such excellent FALs to produce one of the best carbines in the world. I'd buy one.

Perhaps they could even offer an AK5 variant. That would be keen. Right down to the OD green enamel finish like on the Bofors.

lib
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:You are truly evil.

I have been pondering a second 5.56 gun that uses AR mags (since I've sunk so much dough into stinking AR mags).  

Why not the Robinson M96 Recon?

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]
What is an FNC? and NO I'm not kidding.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is an FNC? and NO I'm not kidding.

An FNC is a 5.56mm FAL with a folding stock. As previously mentioned it accepts AR-15 magazines.

As for the M-17, even with it's stiff trigger (I've never found it to be a problem) I think it is the most under rated rifles in the market place today. Also has to be one of the best values, at only $100 dollars more then a stainless Mini-14 from a retail sporting goods store.

FNC = Fabrique Nationale Carbine I do belive.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Desktop wallpaper of FNC.  A fine weapon indeed.  Pre-bans are rare and expensive.

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude,
That was evil.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I emailed them about making an Izzy heavy barrel, or original FALO reproduction in postban configuration.  Their response was "we already make a heavy barrel FAL."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top