Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:11:37 AM EDT
I got bit by the FAL bug and now have one on the way (DSA Stg58 w/ 16" bbl). I plan on putting a folding stock on it, which I'll probably get from DSA. I'm also thinking of getting their para scope mount. Question: Do you have to unscrew all those screws to remove the bolt and carrier? I have no experience with FALs, but I'd like to be able to field strip it without tools (even a screwdriver).

The other option is Grenadier's quick detach mount. Anyone have experience with these?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No it will slide right out the back.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No it will slide right out the back.

Cool, thanks. How solid are these?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The DSA mount is very solid, an exceedingly well-machined high quality part.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Opinions generally rate DSA or ARMS' #4 as best; Grenadier just started delivery, might be a little early to tell.  Definitely check ARMS before getting anything.

-hanko
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
DSA scope mount is rock solid, and no you dont have to take of to get to bolt carrier just slide it out the back, or if in para config, slide out spring and then slide the rest out the back.......check grenadier scope mount saw it at shot show it is VERY nice....rock solid also and at least half the weight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top