Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 8:55:03 AM EDT
I have been drooling over DSA's SA58 Medium Contour carbine but I know very little about them. Are they worth the 6-8 week wait to get one. Any comments would be appreciated.   Thanks Am-O-Tramp

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has the standard length barrel.

Observations:

1. A BEAUTIFUL gun, excellent fit and finish.

2. Heavy. The barrel under the handguard must be 1 and 1/8" round.

3. He reports sub MOA scoped.

4. I've heard the carbines drawback is that it is L-O-U-D. Velocity loss is minimal, I am told.

My policy is ANYTHING DSA makes will make you happy.

But for my money, I'd go with the DSA Stg 58A. ($800 dealer cost, which a friendly FFL will pass on to you, in return for his transfer fee.) And having seen mine, so would my SA58 owner friend.

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
YES they are worth the wait.

I own a DSA parts gun made on an Imbel receiver and it is awesome.
I only  wish I had bought a DSA gun first so would not have to replace the components from my original CAI FAL.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks grandman and DOCPIG for the info. I just read a NRA test report on the Entreprise carbine and they were very happy with the carbines performance, so I know the DSA carbine will be a great gun also.

DSA said that they are presently building legal wire stocks like their police model has on them  (pictured below)  but they are not for sale as of yet, man what neat gun. I like the fluted barrel also. Thanks again Am-O-Tramp

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top