Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:46:14 PM EDT
Here's the sit-u-achun...I picked up a Para Carbine earlier today just because it was a good deal..but I really don't care for the folding stock. I want to keep the Para bolt and upper configuration, with the spring in the upper...but I think I'd like a fixed stock.

If someone with a DSA in near new condition wants to swap me lowers and add a hundred bucks or so, I'd be willing to do it, I think. That is, if this is technically possible to do. Can you have a standard lower on a Para upper?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:27:04 PM EDT
if you do the standard lower you will need the standard bolt,bolt carrier, and top cover
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By grkred:
if you do the standard lower you will need the standard bolt,bolt carrier, and top cover

Not really. The new lower will need to get the "para cut" for the rear of the top cover, but the rest of the para bolt/spring set-up will work fine with a regular lower/stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:53:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:

Originally Posted By grkred:

Not really. The new lower will need to get the "para cut" for the rear of the top cover, but the rest of the para bolt/spring set-up will work fine with a regular lower/stock.

Or another option is if you had the dsa rail top cover. No cut needed on the standard lower. I strapped an L1A1 lower to my para upper when I was conducting some trouble shoothing.

Keep the para bolt, it can always make good trading fodder later.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:38:30 PM EDT
Without the para bolt, etc, that folder is pretty useless. I'm not sure you'll easily find someone to buy a folding stock they can't use unless they've already got one.
Top Top