Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 8:17:50 AM EDT
I am looking at the DSA ad in SGN and I can't decide what to get. I think the free floated barrel is a must have as is the scope mount.

What else would you recommend?
side sling attachment?
full stock or see-thru?
camo patterns?

Also would there be any advantage to waiting till after the AW Ban dies?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

side sling attachment?

I have never thought of my FAL as a CQB type Side sling kinda weapon.

full stock or see-thru?

I like the full stock on my .308

camo patterns?

"Only on my Navy Seal guns and clips!"

Well, you will be able to have the FH put on at the factory. That said I would guess the supply and demand would shove prices up with a passion.

Worth what you paid for it. I am not now, nor ever done any Navy Seal anything, hell, I dont even know any Navy Seals.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the DSA Tactical Carbine with the short gas tube and 16.25" fluted barrel.  I added the sling which was one I took off a Colt AR15 carbine - works great with the X-Series DSA stock.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am looking at the DSA ad in SGN and I can't decide what to get. I think the free floated barrel is a must have as is the scope mount.

What else would you recommend?
side sling attachment?
full stock or see-thru?
camo patterns?

No
No
Full stock
No

Get an SA58 standard 21" You don't need a free float barrel on a FAL (or any rifle for that matter) and use the irons, forget about scopes and camo, why would anyone ever need a camo rifle? I will admit it looks cool but far from functional or neccessary making the price kinda not worth it. My FALs are all home built. DSA receivers, Steyr bolt/carrier and DSA barrels. 1.5"-2" at 100 yds with Port through irons. You really need anything better then that?
Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got the DSA Tactical Carbine with the short gas tube and 16.25" fluted barrel.  I added the sling which was one I took off a Colt AR15 carbine - works great with the X-Series DSA stock.
www.hunt101.com/img/070029.JPG
www.hunt101.com/img/070031.JPG

Nice FAL you have there!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

---snipage---

No
No
Full stock
No

---snipage---

Dittos
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top