Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2002 11:40:53 AM EDT
I am thinking of purchasing a DPMS Preban rifle I found on the net. I have a Bushmaster and Armalite rifle and was wondering what to expect the quality of the DPMS to be compared to my current rifles. I know very little about these and was looking for some input as to wether this would be a good investment. BTW the price is very reasonable if rifle is a true preban. Anybody know the last preban serial # for DPMS?

Thanks

Mark
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:59:46 AM EDT
You will find the DPMS to be of very high quality, right next to your Armalite and Bushmaster. The DPMS will more than likely outshoot your other two on the range as well, without giving you any problems. Those who bash DPMS have never owned one and don't have any idea what they are talking about.
Buy the DPMS and be happy!
-Marksman
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:48:20 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.
The rifle has a Hbar 20" barell with 1/11 twist. Seller say's it has 3-4 thousand rounds through the gun. Should I be concerned about the amount of useage? Rifle has a 4 didgit serial number.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:01:57 PM EDT
Mark,
You better call DPMS before buying it as a PreBan.I saw one that was supposed to be a Pre and after calling them found out it was a Post.Its serial # was in the 100'S.Should have been a Pre but they swear its not.They are very nice and might save you from getting stung.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 5:11:13 PM EDT
Thanks guys
I found out the rifle was a true preban,but during the course of all my questions to the seller and checking out the preban status the rifle was sold before I could say I would take it. Oh well I didn't want to get burned.
BTW the rifle sold for $800

Mark
Top Top