Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 12:50:36 AM EDT
I wanted to get some parts from DPMS last week when I had a day off, but when I got into the building their is a message posted to the effect of "don't think of ringing buzzer without an appointment.  so I take time to call the number off their literature from their office. appointments are only on thursday and friday.  I would not encourage anyone to by DPMS products, until you can walk in and get what you want and need.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That does seem to suck, they are listed in the industry forums, have you asked why there?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have dealt with DPMS by phone and can say that I have never had a problem at all with them being rude or inconsiderate. I would try BKinzey's idea and ask them in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
They are a manufacturer, and therefore can't consume all of their time w/ walkin customers that may or may not purchase something.  

Notifications such as that are very common in the manufacturing industry, and I can tell you at out factory, that walkin salesmen are treated w/ little regard, and rarely if ever are given an opportunity to return for a demonstration of a product.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have always gotten good service over the phone from DPMS.

There was a newspaper article a few months back, right after they won a large LE contract. The article said its basically a garage business with less than 15 employees. So it is no surprise they cant take the time to staff a proshop at the "factory".
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
This is the "price" of low prices.
As with any business, you pays yo money, and takes yo choice!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:18:02 AM EDT
[#6]
A little like Costco..  Less service, better prices, lower overhead..
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are a manufacturer, and therefore can't consume all of their time w/ walkin customers that may or may not purchase something.

ditto to Anti's comments.

I have dealt with DPMS on several occasions via their appointment requirement for order pick-up.  I emphasize "order pick-up", as they are not a retail showroom.  The appointment only policy is clearly stated in website and catalog ordering info.

I considerate the fact that they allow walk-in business at all a credit to DPMS, as most manufacturers require all purchases to go through distribution channels.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I kinda agree with Bravo and anti on this one.

If I was a manufacturer, I wouldn't want the general public just walking in, either.  I might set up a small store-front, at best.  I certainly wouldn't be taking people on tours of the office or especially tours of the manufacturing facility (too much liability)

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I have dealt with DPMS many times and have never been unhappy with their customer service or products. Call them if you think you have a problem and I'm sure they will accomodate you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I went their to buy stuff.  They are located in the middle of no where.  I don't think many poeple drive to the middle of nowhere to waste time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered a few small things from them awhile back, and one of the parts was a wrong-part-shipped. I called them up, and they sent out the new part no questions after verifying what I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top