Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2002 4:36:42 AM EDT
Looking for input concerning either of these two rifles.  Who has one and what kind of performance are you getting.

Would like Pro's and Con's on both.  Such as DPMS's stainless full 1" bbl VS Bushy's 1" bbl that tapers at the end?

1 in 8" twist VS 1 in 9".  

Would anyone mind advising me on what they have paid for either of these OR what they have noticefd the going price to be?

Like most of the guns I have, this will be used for informal target shooting, hunting of Deer with 70gr bullet at 100 yards or less (for head shots only so please don't respond with negative comments about hunting deer with a .223), and mainly because I think they are neat and I "just have to have one".
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been considering the same purchase and have heard good things about both.  I have also been steered toward Rock River Arms.  There price is very competitive.  If weight is a concern the fluted barrel of the Bushy is a plus.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got the DPMS 24" Special with a 1 in 8 twist and have shot a 3 shot group that tore open one hole at 100 yards with 55 grain Hornady V-Max bullets.  Flame me if you want, but it's true.  I use the gun for prairie dog hunting and it's extremely accurate.  I bought the gun in early 2000 and paid full retail on it.  Al's Custom in PA might have them for a better price, though.  My previous gun for that purpose was the Bushmaster 24" V-Match.  Nice, but nowhere near as accurate as the DPMS.  Don't have any experience with the Bushmaster Varminter, but I suppose it's pretty close to the V-Match I once had.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Was overcharged by them. They sent the wrong twist barrel four months after the promised delivery, overcharged me per their written quote, and 10 powders and 12 bullets latter the best it will shoot is 1.25"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top