Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2002 11:05:21 PM EDT
I had several mounts left over from the last gunshow and decided to stop looking for a used Surefire forend for the Mossberg 590 and just make the forend I have work with a SJM mount. Took me all of 5 mins. to dissasemble the forend and install the mount. Had to drill two holes of different sizes ( one for the bolt through nut and one for the no-rotatation roll pin) in the forend and shim the mount since the forend tapers sharply at the end. If I had a non-ribbed forend I would have installed the mount at the 6 o'clock position for use with a vertical grip also, but I used what I had and made my compromises. The light works great, just a TACIII with pressure cord (bought from Stokes this weekend)on a quick detach weaver style ring on SJM Mount.

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. I'm in the process of doing something very similar with my 590 using a section of rail that a buddy gave me and simmons scope rings (wal-mart $6.95). What I'd like to know is how the TACM III light stands up under the 12 gauge recoil?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately for me, the light wasn't under enough pressure and after 60 rounds of bird and buck it came out of the ring while I was shooting. But the light worked fine even after falling 5' into rocks. I'm thinking next time maybe wrap the body with a few loops of electrical tape since it seems to be a lil less then 1" in dia. But the TACMIII is cheaper then a Surefire and according to the pakaging it puts out 105 Lumens, versus a Standard bulb in a Surefire's 65 Lumens. HTH and please post some pics when ya get your DIY mount done.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unfortunately for me, the light wasn't under enough pressure and after 60 rounds of bird and buck it came out of the ring while I was shooting. But the light worked fine even after falling 5' into rocks. I'm thinking next time maybe wrap the body with a few loops of electrical tape since it seems to be a lil less then 1" in dia. But the TACMIII is cheaper then a Surefire and according to the pakaging it puts out 105 Lumens, versus a Standard bulb in a Surefire's 65 Lumens. HTH and please post some pics when ya get your DIY mount done.

You might try 3M brand electrical coating in a can.You paint it on however thick you need .Water wont get uner it like tape.I use it all the time under scope rings in hard kicking rifles
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top