Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2002 10:05:21 PM EST
I had several mounts left over from the last gunshow and decided to stop looking for a used Surefire forend for the Mossberg 590 and just make the forend I have work with a SJM mount. Took me all of 5 mins. to dissasemble the forend and install the mount. Had to drill two holes of different sizes ( one for the bolt through nut and one for the no-rotatation roll pin) in the forend and shim the mount since the forend tapers sharply at the end. If I had a non-ribbed forend I would have installed the mount at the 6 o'clock position for use with a vertical grip also, but I used what I had and made my compromises. The light works great, just a TACIII with pressure cord (bought from Stokes this weekend)on a quick detach weaver style ring on SJM Mount.

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:50:42 PM EST
Sweet. I'm in the process of doing something very similar with my 590 using a section of rail that a buddy gave me and simmons scope rings (wal-mart $6.95). What I'd like to know is how the TACM III light stands up under the 12 gauge recoil?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:54:45 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/28/2002 7:55:37 AM EST by NWRed]
Unfortunately for me, the light wasn't under enough pressure and after 60 rounds of bird and buck it came out of the ring while I was shooting. But the light worked fine even after falling 5' into rocks. I'm thinking next time maybe wrap the body with a few loops of electrical tape since it seems to be a lil less then 1" in dia. But the TACMIII is cheaper then a Surefire and according to the pakaging it puts out 105 Lumens, versus a Standard bulb in a Surefire's 65 Lumens. HTH and please post some pics when ya get your DIY mount done.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:03:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By NWRed:
Unfortunately for me, the light wasn't under enough pressure and after 60 rounds of bird and buck it came out of the ring while I was shooting. But the light worked fine even after falling 5' into rocks. I'm thinking next time maybe wrap the body with a few loops of electrical tape since it seems to be a lil less then 1" in dia. But the TACMIII is cheaper then a Surefire and according to the pakaging it puts out 105 Lumens, versus a Standard bulb in a Surefire's 65 Lumens. HTH and please post some pics when ya get your DIY mount done.

You might try 3M brand electrical coating in a can.You paint it on however thick you need .Water wont get uner it like tape.I use it all the time under scope rings in hard kicking rifles
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:39:49 PM EST
Top Top