Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2002 5:14:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
so why is this better than a stripper clip guide?

Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Because you don't have to load a stripper clip to use the LULA. Because it won't jam up like stripper clips often do. Because it will also unload mags as fast as you can toggle the handle.

I bought 3, one in the rifle case, one in my parts, cleaning, etc, kit and one as a spare.

I like using it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like a good product.  How much?  I have found a Beta-Cmag loose cartridge loader works great with 30rnd USGI mags too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so why is this better than a stripper clip guide?

Because he is selling them.
GG
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
seriously, im not big on mag loaders anyway, but teh LULA is awsome. if you shoot ebough that loading mags gets old, get one, they are just damn cool.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#11]
WHAT WOULD Y'LL SAY IF YOU FOUND A TURD FLOATING IN YER PUNCH BOWL ????

"Because it will also unload mags as fast as you can toggle the handle."

i prefer "toggling" the trigger to unload a mag...

"Another good reason to get a LULA is that it is much easier on the feedlips which means your mags will last longer!!!"

how many of you have ever worn out a mag in this maner ?? & how many have you had to replace because of "loading" it, 99.9% of the damage comes from improper insertion into the mag well & the bolt carrier slaming the follower.....

"if you shoot ebough that loading mags gets old, get one, they are just damn cool."

i have fired thousands upon thousands of rounds & i have yet to ever tire of hand filling my mags, that to me is as pleasurable as emptying them !!

"No AR15/M16 shooter should have just one.

No AR15/M16 shooter should be without one.

Every AR15/M16 shooter should have one."

thanx..., but, no thanx !! i am shure it is a great product, but i am just an old fuddy duddy traditionalist, there is somthyng erotic about rolling 20 rounds from ones hand into a mag. it gives me thrills........

Denny,

i admire you for your inventiveness !! but i prefer loading the way i do, it is good exercise therapy for these arthritic fingers

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#12]
On a side note, the LULA is a MUST for Beta Cmags.

Standard loaders wear down the feed tower very rapidly.  I used a stripper clip loader on one feed tower, by the time it was loaded for the first time there were grooves worn in the front of the tower.  That's right, before I even fired it.  You Beta owners know what I am talking about.

Last night with the LULA I loaded it up with a new feed tower, unloaded it, and loaded it again and there is NO visible wear on the feed tower.

With practice, I can load it almost as quickly as with stripper clips - without taking the time to load stripper clips and deal with jamming clips.

The only time I have had a problem with the LULA is when I tried loading some plastic DPMS 10 rounders with some funky laquered soft point Russian ammo.  I think the OAL of the ammo is too long.  I recieved that ammo as part of a package deal and never had any intention of running it through my rifle anyway.  I think the important factor to it not cooperating was that I was trying to show someone how cool the loader was and just grabbed the first mag and ammo I found.

Oh... and Denny.... *I* need a new job .

EDITED to add that the unloading function is AWESOME for those of us that can't get to the range as often as we would like to and still want to rotate our mags.  Of course I would prefer to toggle the trigger but I was neglecting rotating my mags because they are a pain to unload.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they make any of those for HK .45 magazines or only AR's
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
seriously, im not big on mag loaders anyway, but teh LULA is awsome.

It really is!!  Money well spent
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#18]
sorry folks..., but, you will never convince me that another accessory is the perfect answer.....

i do not use strippr clips, i dump a box of ammo in my left hand grip the empty mag in my right & shove those little .223 puppies in faster than fumbling wyth another peice of junk......
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#19]
For unloading magazines (which I almost never do) I use, believe it or not, a small musician's tuning fork. Stick that sucker in there, press down, invert the mag, wiggle it from side to side as fast as you care to, and rounds fall out at full-auto speed.   Stupid simple.

For loading, well, I roll my own ammo. As each finished round comes off the press, it gets loaded straight into a magazine or if I have more ammo than mags then I load them on stripper clips that I've loosened up a bit for reliability.   I then store the loaded stripper clips in empty shotshell boxes.  One shotshell box holds 130 rounds on strippers in a space-efficient, convenient package.

I can't see why I'd buy a gadget that requires me to handle the ammo ANOTHER time.

I always take more ammo to the range than I intend to shoot, and it's stored in USGI 30's.
I never touch a live round unless something jams.

Maybe I should get Dillon to make a mag loader attachment for a press that automatically places the loaded rounds in the magazine as soon as they're finished.

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top