Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 9/29/2021 8:35:35 PM EDT
Has anyone experienced the pin walking out of a DIAS?

In AR-15 "pockets" like in Colt ARs there is little space for it to move right of left, BUT in M16 style receiver "pockets" this could conceivably occur, (there is a good deal of space on the right side of the sear) causing a lot of damage to a RDIAS.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I made a longer pin to eliminate the possibility of what you are talking about. It looks a little funny with the pin being wider than the DIAS body, but it works. I never had any issues with the original pin walking to the side, and my host lower isn't full M16 style pocket. The pocket is wider than the DIAS body in the area of the pin.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
the ones I have had were/are staked.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:01:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Either stake it, or use a roll pin.
The trip needs to pivot freely on the pin of course.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  I have been fighting mine for a while.  I ended up just putting some aluminum tape on one side of the sear to keep it from walking out until I can find someone who can rebuild my rdias.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
I ended up just putting some aluminum tape on one side of the sear to keep it from walking out until I can find someone who can rebuild my rdias.
View Quote
Any real gunsmith should be able to accomplish that. It's no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:05:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Any real gunsmith should be able to accomplish that. It's no big deal.
View Quote

I could do it.  I was looking to have my sear changed up a bit.  I made a thread on it a good while ago.  More issues than just the pin walking out.

One side of the sear pin hole has a cup staked in place.  My pin walks out from the other side.  There is a second pin more central of the sear body which prevents sear overtravel.  I was wanting to have them both welded up and changed to a straight through pin and a shelf added instead of that second pin to prevent overtravel like most standard rdias such as the last pic I posted.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top