Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 4:30:10 PM EDT
anyone ever deal with DGR for any Garand work?  also, anyone have any feedback on their "gi spec" barrel they list for $149?  

i want to rebarrel my M1 in .308.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
DGR is highly revered for quality work and some awesome custom stocks as well. I believe he preffers Wendigs fance wood stock and the Bastonge Walnut.

Another place you might check is Warbird at users3.ev1.net/~hd80/Warbird.HTM

He has been putting a lot of smiles on M14/M1A/Poly owners faces the last few years.

If Clayton Smith or WTO  was still smithing that is another place I would point you, he did mine in .308 a few years back.

Karsten
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had Dean do some work for me.. he fitted my 308 March Garand with a very nice Wenig stock set 3 years ago.. he also did a 308 project for me at the beginning of the year. The barrels Dean uses are the Wilson barrels I believe... Dean come highly reccomended over on the CSP and AmBack forums.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for Warbird's work. He put together a very nice .308 Garand from a rack grade Greek return and a inexpensive .308 barrel. I put it into a Wenigs stock set that I finished myself.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
sweet M1 there!  thats what i'm wanting to do.  thanks for the info folks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top