Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 8:25:23 AM EDT
Got my barrel back yesterday form the gunsmith.
Had it cut down to 18.75" (18.5" is the minimum to remain non-restricted in Canada), re-crowned and threaded for a flash suppressor.

It took 2 hours last night to re-install and index the barrel, then re-assemble the rifle.

Also added a "slightly" used USGI TRW bolt. :)  The bolt dropped right in without any lapping.Hardley any bolt play.Nice and tight now. :cool:

As well I drilled out the rear sight aperature so I can now see the entire front sight ring.The front sight is really quick to pick up now, and since this is a shorty, the maximum range I will shoot this rig is 200 meters so a precision/match sight is not needed.

With my "Fake" Smith Enterprises Can (Since the Canadian Gov't doesn't trust us Civies with real suppressors...........

Modified rear sight aperture:

Build list:
-Norinco barrelled action cut to 18.75"
-Shimmed gas cylinder
-S.E.I. Direct Connection Vortex  FH
-Rooster33 Gaslock front sight
-Rooster33 NM Op rod spring guide
-Rooster33 overisized bolt release
-USGI TRW bolt
-Norinco trigger group
-Norinco op rod
-USGI op rod spring
-Damage Inc. MARPAT USGI fiberglass stock
-Picatinney Accessory rail under fore end

SKBY.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#1]
So Rooster33 is making a hooded gas lock front sight, pretty sporty.
That's a nice rifle you got there, kinda looks like mine, except for the paint job, but you got good taste.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
wow skull, that thing is beautiful... nice work!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that is pretty hot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top