Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:06:27 AM EDT
Has anyone had any problems with them? How do they shoot? I have heard rumors quailty control is falling down on the job. Any truth to that?

Thanks,

GR
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:27:20 AM EDT
500 problem free rounds so far with my Scout. Then again, how "current" is "current production?" I've had mine for about a year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:38:00 AM EDT
Most of the problems seem to be based on all the Taiwanese manufactured parts that SA Inc. has started to use since they exhausted their supply of USGI parts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:27:03 PM EDT
They come with a lifetime warranty, so there are no worries.

No problems with my M1A.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:06:58 PM EDT
Getting ready to buy one as a builder (ma9103), I let you know in a few weeks when it comes in.

Also, I going to have a fire sale on brand new M1A parts real soon.
Birch stock and upper hand gaurd, Chome lined barrel (My guess, Not USGI) Complete rear sight assembly and front sight, and parts of the gas system. Is someone needs any of these, IM me and shoot me a price you have in mid regarding the price for the parts. Trust me, I would rather blow them out cheap, then add them to every growing collection of other parts that I will never use.

As for the build, CC med weight Douglas barrel (after I lap the bolt in and true the action) Boyd type 2 lam stock, Unified gas system with NM parts, NM sights (1/2" x 1/2"), and lots of glass bedding.

P.S. Was going to go the polytech route, but my god, some people a just way to proud of their used rifles (read all priced way to high), and can't see dropping over $600 for a LRB receiver to start from scratch. As for going the S/A loaded option, lapping the bolt/truing the action will increase the head space on the factory med barrel, And I want this chamber tight and the throat set up for 168 HPBT match tips.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:17:33 PM EDT

I ran a quick 60 rounds through my Socom yesterday, no problems at all.
Used the South African R1.
DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:45:25 PM EDT
My dad's has more than 500 through it. No problems. Very nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:55:31 AM EDT
No problems with my Scout.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:44:23 AM EDT
Loaded, runs perfect. It is however made by man and not some supreme being. At some point in time something will break. Spare parts are a must.

Chief
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:41:19 PM EDT
I can't speak of the M1A (unfortunately)
However, I do have a Springfield 1911A1 that I have been very happy with.
I haven't heard anything bad about the company or the quality of their products. I would buy anything they make with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:25:34 PM EDT
My new M1A Scout's build date was in May 2005, so very new batch, had about 500rds thru it w/ 100%
perfect. Most of the rounds were shots double & triple taps, so pulling the trigger very fast doesn't cause
any FTF or FTE either
Top Top