Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2012 4:36:42 PM EDT
I have shot one a few times and liked it overall. I personally find it more comfortable to shoulder and shoot than my AUG. I like the more conventional forearm over the VFG. I am concerned overall about the strength/durability of the plastic components. and ease of service. Is anyone doing a 300blkout barrel for them?

What I still don't care for is the less than speedy or intuitive mag changes...the "gasket" and deep mag well seem to really slow me down....

Also, who is making the replacement cocking handles?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a black FS2000 Tactical with the regular fore-end.  I'll get some pics up later.  I currently have an AIMpoint T1 on it but the barrel is incredibly accurate and a 4 MOA dot is not doing it any justice outside of 100m.  I also got a special sling adapter for it from Urban ERT (http://www.urbanertslings.com/fsslsp2fslai.html).  I plan on putting a TA01NSN ACOG on it soon enough.  All in all, it's a good weapon and considering it's forward ejecting design, it's reliable.  I have had issues with FTFeed but it was because the mag was inserted and locked in but not given the proper slap to seat it.  The tough rubber gasket and my friends poor weapon reloading experiences lead to this.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine.  Well balanced.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't own one...yet. I've only been able to fondle them at gun stores. I prefer the way they handle over the MSAR.
I hope it's my next gun purchase.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Can someone tell me about single/two stage triggers on this rifle and why is single more expensive?

I think I'd like one as I like bullpup but have never shot one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:40:56 AM EDT
[#5]
> Also, who is making the replacement cocking handles?

http://www.aerospaceresourcegroup.com/products/
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not aware of any 300 BLK barrels.  I know Hi Desert Dog said they could make one but weren't confident in it because of the complexity of the gas system.  You might contact them if you're interested in pursuing the project.  The major hurdle appears to be that you have to scavenge (and modify) the gas system off a standard barrel, which means you have to acquire a barrel assembly and then sacrifice it before finding out if the 300 BLK will work or not.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]

The FS200 Does not feel like a Tuna.   This comparison is further invalidated by the incontrovertible fact that a Tuna is soft and flexible while the FNH FS2000 is constructed of ridged and unyielding plastic.

Also the surface texture of a Tuna which is slime covered scales with bony fins is nothing like the smooth dry plastic of the FS2000.

The only way an actual Tuna could come anywhere close to approximating the rigidity of steel and hard plastic of the FS2000 is if the Tuna were frozen.

But then the person making this ridiculous assertion would necessarily need to say "the FS2000 feels like a frozen tuna" and to my knowledge nobody is qualifying the Tuna assertion in this way.

Therefore I am forced to assume the worst regarding people who falsely claim the FS2000 feels like a Tuna.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The FS200 Does not feel like a Tuna.   This comparison is further invalidated by the incontrovertible fact that a Tuna is soft and flexible while the FNH FS2000 is constructed of ridged and unyielding plastic.

Also the surface texture of a Tuna which is slime covered scales with bony fins is nothing like the smooth dry plastic of the FS2000.

The only way an actual Tuna could come anywhere close to approximating the rigidity of steel and hard plastic of the FS2000 is if the Tuna were frozen.

But then the person making this ridiculous assertion would necessarily need to say "the FS2000 feels like a frozen tuna" and to my knowledge nobody is qualifying the Tuna assertion in this way.

Therefore I am forced to assume the worst regarding people who falsely claim the FS2000 feels like a Tuna.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well I was on a Sportfishing site the other day and the  on the tarpon forum people were disparaging the Tuna because it felt so much like a slimy floppy FS2000
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I was on a Sportfishing site the other day and the  on the tarpon forum people were disparaging the Tuna because it felt so much like a slimy floppy FS2000

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Its the best 5.56 rifle for under 200 yards.  Sold my ARs after getting these.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/cetane/49f20897.jpg

That's not to say it's useless beyond 200, I assume. I had no trouble hitting steel gongs out to 500(sittin at a bench) with mine.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't own one...yet. I've only been able to fondle them at gun stores. I prefer the way they handle over the MSAR.
I hope it's my next gun purchase.

I own the FS2000 and a MSAR STG556. Each one has it's strongpoints, but between the two I would take the FN first. I am running a Aimpoint Comp M4 on mine and can't say enough good things about it. STG has the factory optic.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Any data, hard or not, on how durable the stock shell is? Compared to my AUGs, it felt more hollow and as if the material was thinner/harder and therefore, possibly more fragile to hard impacts or pressure. While I do not plan on subjecting it to such forces, knowing it could take them at least as well as an AUG stock would be comforting. Perhaps it isn't and I'm just being paranoid...Overall, I like the rifle very much and am close to pulling the trigger on one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I would like one as well but have a question. Single stage or two stage? The two stage was about $170 cheaper than the single and I'm wondering why? And which should I get, should I find any available?
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I wanted it but I passed on one. The grip angle doesn't feel right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would like one as well but have a question. Single stage or two stage? The two stage was about $170 cheaper than the single and I'm wondering why? And which should I get, should I find any available?

They offer it in single or two stage?
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wanted it but I passed on one. The grip angle doesn't feel right.

Personally, I didn't find it to bad and it pointed so naturally for me...
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I've not had mine very long but I'm really liking it, I shoot lefty so something that could easily be shot on either side was important.

Manual of arms is quite different but well thought out if you take the time to practice with it.

I do wish it worked with polymer mags.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/cetane/49f20897.jpg

That's not to say it's useless beyond 200, I assume. I had no trouble hitting steel gongs out to 500(sittin at a bench) with mine.

Correct as usual sir, I just have other rifles for further away.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine is not very tactical, but had it for a couple of years now and love it.  I am thinking about getting the Rail fore grip, but kind of leary since the balance is perfect and the rail is much hevier than the plastic, which may throw the balance off.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:30:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Turningfast, do you have a single or two stage trigger? I have asked this question several times, different ways but no one has answered it. Buds shows single and two stage triggers available.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Turningfast, do you have a single or two stage trigger? I have asked this question several times, different ways but no one has answered it. Buds shows single and two stage triggers available.

Its be cause no one understands what your asking.  There is NO two stage trigger for the FS2000.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This for the win.  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for the win.  

––Fargo007

FTLOG...why do people take shit so seriously or get overly wound up over a simple comment or opinion that in no way effects them....

It's a joke...the rifle has a shape reminiscent of a rotund fish and "tactical" only rhymes with so many words...
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Cetane, I got the single/two stage thing from buds website which lists them as two distinct models/prices.
Next time I'll save some grains of sand for when I read Buds website!
Thanks Cetane.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for the win.  

––Fargo007

FTLOG...why do people take shit so seriously or get overly wound up over a simple comment or opinion that in no way effects them....

It's a joke...the rifle has a shape reminiscent of a rotund fish and "tactical" only rhymes with so many words...

Pretty sure he was joking as well.....
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I own one and love it.  Of course I was.  

Who is "taking things seriously" now?  

BTW - the correct word is "affects,"  not "effects."  

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Have any of you had any issues with the plastic parts in the fcg?  That is what kept me away... I was waiting for a couple of years to pass so that I could find out about the longevity of the parts.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Have any of you had any issues with the plastic parts in the fcg?  That is what kept me away... I was waiting for a couple of years to pass so that I could find out about the longevity of the parts.

There is a SOT dealer with 10000 rounds through with no trigger pack problems on FNForum.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

––Fargo007

Yes, because people who don't know each other, their personalities or other particulars automatically know the others intent, after all the internet is so well known for communicating clear and concisely. Your comment as well as the other one were not seen as well meaning attempts at humor but more as sarcastic jabs by someone who didn't agree. Next time use an emoticon...like I did.

As far as "effects", it can be used as a noun or verb and I simply didn't think about it's rule for usage. I'm sure you have never made a simple, common, grammatical error before.  

Emoticons. See how they work?

Now, back on topic. Has anyone, to anyone's knowledge relieved the side of the mag well to allow the insertion 60rd surefire mags? Is it possible without weakening it's structure or looking like a gutted "fish"?
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a SOT dealer with 10000 rounds through with no trigger pack problems on FNForum.

Nice.  That plastic hammer gave me the willies!

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:05:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This for the win.  

––Fargo007

Dont you sometimes just wish you could pull the foot from your mouth and wind back time and un-say the stupid stuff you once said?
Well If you're anything like me (and I know I am) you sometimes do.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#34]
The Aug has a plastic fire control group to and they have been out for al ot longer than the fs2000 without problems even as the main issue arm of third world places like tunisa, saudi arabia, Oman, and a lot of other places. Just has to be a good plastic not the crap most household items are made of and being fn im sure they used some nice stuff.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for the win.  

––Fargo007

Dont you sometimes just wish you could pull the foot from your mouth and wind back time and un-say the stupid stuff you once said?
Well If you're anything like me (and I know I am) you sometimes do.

Not in this instance I don't. Intent and snarkyness/sarcasm don't translate well online without other visual indicators or known people. I clearly took it differently than he/they intended due to this. It came off as people being criticizing smart-asses and not humor.

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice.  That plastic hammer gave me the willies!

The AUG pack is supposed to be good for a minimum of 100K rounds.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#37]
 I love my baby, although I dont have it quite tuned to run supressed yet
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

––Fargo007

Yes, because people who don't know each other, their personalities or other particulars automatically know the others intent, after all the internet is so well known for communicating clear and concisely. Your comment as well as the other one were not seen as well meaning attempts at humor but more as sarcastic jabs by someone who didn't agree. Next time use an emoticon...like I did.

As far as "effects", it can be used as a noun or verb and I simply didn't think about it's rule for usage. I'm sure you have never made a simple, common, grammatical error before.  

Emoticons. See how they work?

Now, back on topic. Has anyone, to anyone's knowledge relieved the side of the mag well to allow the insertion 60rd surefire mags? Is it possible without weakening it's structure or looking like a gutted "fish"?

When communicating clearly and concisely, let's work on basic grammar before we get into advanced topics like "emoticons."   How can we entertain advanced topics when we cannot even get the basics of communication correct?  

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/affect-effect-grammar.html

Posting "This for the win" nary takes a jab at you.   It wasn't even in response to anything you wrote.  

You chose to interject;  and respond out of band, and in so doing you have firmly cemented your feet in a grammatical trailer park of idiocy.

––Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#39]
I love how grammar pros slow down information exchanges to prove how much better they are then us grammar challenged ones

Now back on subject>     are thier () any companies still making the P90 like fore grips?  in the early pages of the bullpup picture thread their were plenty pictured.

Iv shot the stock one a few times and I'm not a fan of its ergonomics....too thick, but the groove dos help.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#40]
JJ1234567

Nice package bro!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Just saw that on AAC's facebook page. Damn good looking setup
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I love how grammar pros slow down information exchanges to prove how much better they are then us grammar challenged ones

Now back on subject>     are thier () any companies still making the P90 like fore grips?  in the early pages of the bullpup picture thread their were plenty pictured.

Iv shot the stock one a few times and I'm not a fan of its ergonomics....too thick, but the groove dos help.

Not currently

But there are a couple of outfits thinking about making one

HTA is well along in their development of a PS90 style FS2000 fore grip

Magpul bought the old Monolith company but so far has not shown any interest in reintroducing the FS2000 fore grip

RJ is also making noises like they may come out with something.

My money is on HTA

they seam most serious  
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/bPaLt.jpg  I love my baby, although I dont have it quite tuned to run supressed yet

That is just sick.  Sick, sick, sick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top