Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2007 9:59:40 AM EDT
It looked neat-o...

...so I just purchased one and a desert tan U.S. flag velcro patch.

Anyone know where I can find a velcro Gadsden Patch???
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Surprising what a google search for velcro Gadsden patch will turn up.

www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/lightersdtom.html
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]

M4MikelA3

Try this site.

Camotech
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the velcro on top for?
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
An IR reflective IFF square
Link Posted: 4/2/2007 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
An IR reflective IFF square

Gotcha, thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks kind of like the hat I got from HSGI.  I got the DTOM patch from the place that CanteTinza posted the link to.

Link Posted: 4/3/2007 5:52:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep. I saw those hats^^^

They also make one in multicam so they probably have some sort of partnership.
I didn't like the HSGI because of the extra embroidery and the extra patch on the back. The Crye hat just has a strip on the adjustable strap...which is also a tad different I believe.

Also, does the the HSGI visor have the hook/loop material on it's underside? I really liked that about the Crye hat. I am a big fan of micro lights so adding some hook material to the micro lights already have adds a lot of utility to it for me.

Anyway...all the nit picky personal preference stuff regarding the two aside I really like the hats'(both of 'em) concept.

Thanks for the pics of your hat/patch as well. I think I'll order a Gadsden patch and a Navy Jack patch!
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]
The HSGI does not have the velcro underneath the bill unlike the Crye cap.  I really disliked the way my multicam HSGI hat fit me so I sold it.

I like my Cardinals and Irish hats better anyways
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I hated the way the crye fit - as the crown was too shallow for my noggin.  

that being said, the HSGI fit better due to its depth, and mine does have velcro underneath the brim.. oh wait I added that

another reason for the velcro on top is to prevent interference with comm/ear pro bands in lieu of that damn button.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hated the way the crye fit - as the crown was too shallow for my noggin.

that being said, the HSGI fit better due to its depth, and mine does have velcro underneath the brim.. oh wait I added that

another reason for the velcro on top is to prevent interference with comm/ear pro bands in lieu of that damn button.

That's sometimes an issue with me as well. I have some hats made like that that I love the fit of and some I don't so much. Usually they are all acceptable to me after a fresh haircut though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
M4MikelA3

Try this site.

Camotech

+1 to them. I got two flags from them. They take a while sometimes, but it's great stuff.

Also, the velcro stuff underneath is neat. I made up some of those little flashlights that attach. Doesn't cast much light, but enough to read a map or find something in your car.

The velcro on top is also 1000x better than the friggin' button. First time I wore ear protection with the hat on was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, you guys sold me on the hat/hearing protection combo.  Seeing as I will now be wearing hearing protection five days a week, I gotta have one.  Where's the best place to buy the Crye hat?
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
OK, you guys sold me on the hat/hearing protection combo.  Seeing as I will now be wearing hearing protection five days a week, I gotta have one.  Where's the best place to buy the Crye hat?

I just bought it directly from their site. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere else.

Hat Linky
Link Posted: 4/3/2007 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I got it from their website. I had some ordering issues (apartment numbers can screw up debit card orders) and they were friendly and nice to deal with.

You will love not having a button on top. Best thing anybody's done with a hat. Ever.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 3:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I got my shooter's cap from Crye yesterday. I like it!

It's my first piece of multi-cam. I got the hat so i could get a look at this stuff in person. I've heard rumors a couple of companies are going to be offering BDUs in the multicam at more reasonable prices so I may have to get some when they pop up.

The hat is a tad shallow but not annoyingly so. Plus, I DO need a haircut something fierce so after I tighten that up my hat should fit better.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 6:56:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone compared this to HSGI/SKD Tac's cap? I'm looking for a nice Multicam hat and can't decide between the two.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 8:36:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Has anyone compared this to HSGI/SKD Tac's cap? I'm looking for a nice Multicam hat and can't decide between the two.

What do you guys think?

Somebody buy me/send me a Crye hat and I'll tell ya how it compares

As I said I had the HSGI hat and I fear that the Crye hat would fit my noggin the same...which was awful!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#18]
A group of us are looking at getting the Crye hat for our days training at the range.
Can anyone recommend the best place for getting the velcro name tag for the back strap?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
A group of us are looking at getting the Crye hat for our days training at the range.
Can anyone recommend the best place for getting the velcro name tag for the back strap?
Thanks!

CamoTech

But their waiting period is up to 8 weeks now.

-Read
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks!

There are several sellers on Ebay that will embroider them as part of the auction price. I have seen some in the solid colors, some in various camos, and one or two in the multicam.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#21]
What bag is that Yojimbo?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I want one of those Crye hats....if they would fix their credit card page on their website I would order one.  It's been down for almost 2 weeks now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks!

There are several sellers on Ebay that will embroider them as part of the auction price. I have seen some in the solid colors, some in various camos, and one or two in the multicam.

CAMOTECH will make you your nametags in M/C
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Tactical Tailor sells the same thing cheeper than Crye . . . Shipping from Crye was almost as much as the hat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Tactical Tailor sells the same thing cheeper than Crye . . . Shipping from Crye was almost as much as the hat.

NOW you tell us!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]
That is how I justitfied picking up a bolt of multicam to boot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Ive not gotten the Crye baseball cap, only their Boonie.

I do have the HSGI hat, and like others have said it just didnt fit right, it was too tight, gave me headaches ect.

I replaced the elastic band with a 2 piece velcro closure and all the trouble went away.  Its now my favorite hat.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Ive not gotten the Crye baseball cap, only their Boonie.

I do have the HSGI hat, and like others have said it just didnt fit right, it was too tight, gave me headaches ect.

I replaced the elastic band with a 2 piece velcro closure and all the trouble went away.  Its now my favorite hat.

The Crye hat is shallow but I like the way it fits. Goes better with ear protection than anything else I own.

I want that boonie hat as well...and the Major League Infidel t-shirt...and...
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Thanks!

WMHM4 had posted that he bought his nametape from here:
1800nametape.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top