Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2013 11:17:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 11:18:39 AM EST by YANKEEFAN]
So if I can get a programmer friend of a friend of a friend to build me (all of us) a quality reloading app for android what would you guys like to see in the app? I am thinking just basic fill in your load data to inlude case, powder, powder charge, primer, bullet, bullet weight, oal, & trim length. Then the option to add optional fields such as chrono data, date tested, and group size; with the option to add a photo of the test target.

I am just thinking something simple that can be used on tablets and phones but more geared towards the tablet for the reloading bench and out in the field for testing.

Am I missing anything?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:25:25 AM EST
sounds good to me. Maybe a link to review the load if you had pressure signs or something
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:26:58 AM EST
Something like a comments section Mattr?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:49:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2013 11:52:27 AM EST by Landshark9025]
Ideally there would be powder/bullet cross reference. This may be tricky, but as a user if I am standing at the cabinet in Gander Mountain, I would like to be able to select a powder that I see in stock and have it return the results of what rounds it is recommended for.
From a dev. standpoint it would be easy. Just not sure about the legal aspects. That could likely be overcome with a "build your own database" function, but it wouldn't help if I run across a powder I don't recognize.

Wireless connection to a chrono so the data is uploaded in real time.

The ability to share data results via email. I would likely stay away from FB or twitter integration.

Supply inventory management. So, when I am at the gun show, I can make better decisions on component purchases rather than just buying what is available.

Edit: sync to a web portal so if I am at the bench I can use a laptop. Could be accomplished by doing the whole thing as a web app.

Definitely need a way to sort by caliber and by weapon.

Customization of data tracked and displayed so that if all I have is measuring group size, in don't have to scroll through data fields that are over my head- or if I am seasoned and want to track ogive, primer pocket depth variances, etc. I can do that.

Cost per round so that I can make the decision on if the extra expense is worth the accuracy improvement.

Those are just some initial thoughts from a noob reloader.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:06:26 PM EST
Also make it possible to take a picture of your group and link it to the load.

Make sure it exports to excel.

Make sure you can add a lot# to identify your load (for reference).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:51:00 PM EST
GREAT idea!!!

Looking forward to seeing how this comes out.

Good luck OP!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:57:20 PM EST
Inventory tracker and Excel compatibility would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:59:36 PM EST
In.
Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:30:57 PM EST
Top Top