Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2002 10:33:26 AM EDT
Looking for info on anyone who's had a barrel installed, headspaced and squared recently and what I should expect to pay.

Thanks!

(I also posted another thread on an unfinished barrel's installation cost, in this case it is completely ready and no finishing is needed.)
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Kurt on the Industry forum for the info.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming you mean an AR15 barrel:

Bench vise - $30
Torque wrench - $20
Barrel wrench - $10
Barrel vise blocks - $15

being able to install/uninstall/reinistall all the AR15 barrels you could ever want to - PRICELESS
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Tina or Ken at www.sawlesales.com/

i was told by Ken that you can screw it up if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
150-180+cost of barrel
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry I didn't mention this, but its a bolt action, not an AR15.  

I also plan on having someone else do the work, I just don't have the time anymore for the assembly stuff!  I'd rather be shooting!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry I didn't mention this, but its a bolt action, not an AR15.  

I also plan on having someone else do the work, I just don't have the time anymore for the assembly stuff!  I'd rather be shooting!

I think my last bolt gun was $150 to have the action trued, lugs lapped and the barrel installed, minus the cost of the barrel, of course.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the ballpark $$, that's all I was really looking for!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top