Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 10:52:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The Swiss never used corrosive ammo in these.  All bets are off in an old used rifle though.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Finally got around to cleaning the K-31 I bought a few months ago.  First patch I ran down the barrel came out green, copper fouling?  Looking down the bore the rifling looks great, but their appears to be a mix of pitting and streaks that look like someone pulled a bore brush through that was way too big.  Spent ten minutes cleanng the barrel, it doesn't go away.  

Just wondering if they ever used corrosive ammo or this rifle was just not well taken care of.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The "Green" more than likely is Swiss rifle grease. I think that it is called Automattenfett, or something similar. That stuff is everywhere, and it likes to gather in the chamber. Just clean the barrel when you are done shooting and you'll be fine. I have yet to see a bad barrel on a K31.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
This is probably what you see....

It is normal. This is what my 1934 K31 looked like when I cleaned it last.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The GP11 isn't corrosive?  weird.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's my understanding that it's all match grade ammo too....  I guess that's what you make for a country full of target shooters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top