Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 7:41:13 AM EDT
Anyone have a shop phone # for him?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Might be just as easy to send him email and ask him directly.

http://www.warbirdscustomguns.com/

Karsten
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Tim will do you a fine job on building you a M-14 or upgrading a rifle you own. He's built over a 1k to date if I call right. My LRB all TRW he built is the dream rifle I allway's waned shoot's like a house on fire. And you can't beat the pricr or the service top notch.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tim will do you a fine job on building you a M-14 or upgrading a rifle you own. He's built over a 1k to date if I call right. My LRB all TRW he built is the dream rifle I allway's waned shoot's like a house on fire. And you can't beat the pricr or the service top notch.

Guess I must be about the only one who doesn't worship the ground he walks on.  I found his work to be less than satisfactory and his customer service to be even worse.

Long story here, but the short story is - waste of money for crappy work and a FU attitude to boot...

YMMV

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#5]
JMO sorry you had a bad deal go down he has allways did good work for me. Ted Brown is a good M-14 smith never heard any bad reports about his work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]

I've had several people contact me for details - some with deals gone bad with Warbird as well.  So, here's my details:

I sent him a beautiful TRW trigger group for a NM trigger job.  He sends it back with a note that the hammer spring tube is cracked.  Doesn't contact me before hand to tell me so we can replace it.  I can't tell you if it was cracked when I sent it to him or not.  Other than being heavy, I had no problem with trigger pull before.  

So I try out his National Match effort and contact him via email to tell him that the trigger feels like shit.  He then tells me it's because the hammer spring tube is cracked.  Bullshit - it had nothing to do with it.  Changed the spring tube out with another one, and trigger pull was still every bit as shitty - more creep than you'd find in at Jackson 5 family reunion.  Warbird essentially laughed it off and did not offer to rework it.

The next time I tried to take it apart, it locked up, and it now sits in a box with the rest of the useless crap I own that I can't bring myself to part with.  Someday I may find a good use for it...and I'll leave it where I've shoved it...

My experience only - YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top