Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 3:56:15 PM EDT
I'm putting together a an Fal rifle using an inch pattern parts kit and a century metric receiver.  I'm looking for some compliance parts but they seem pretty hard to find these days.  I'm looking to get the piston and op rod from Tapco but I'm looking for the old generic U.S. made plastic stock sets or even trigger group parts (hammer disconnector, etc.) to get me up to the limit on compliance parts.  Anyone know where I can find this stuff?  I've been all over the web looking but it doesn't seem like anyone keeps these parts around.  Must not be a whole lot of people building these guns anymore.  Thanks for any info.

Turk
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
www.gunpartsguy.com
Excellent to do business with.
Watch for his specials on the FALFILES also
www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11
Later.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Your impression about availability is correct, parts aren't as easy to find these days.

DSA has compliant stocks and hammer, trigger, sear sets, pistons, and charging handles.  Their web site is retarded and difficult to navigate, but the stuff is there.

Falcon has trigger sets and magazine floor plates.  I'm interested in whether anyone has first hand experience with Falcon's trigger.

There's a ton of stuff for sale in the FAL Files Market Place forum, and at the site supporters, such as Gun Guy, but it's like mining hard rock to dig through all the information.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Falcon trigger group in one and having another put in(with a trigger job) as part of a complete build I'm having done. RANGE REPORT WHEN I GET HER BACK.No problems to report. I do not have the trigger pull reduction kit. Which I have heard of a few having light hammer strikes with.

I-ya pull-ah an-ah she-ah go-ah bang-ah.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
A Falcon spring kit with a trigger job will give a very nice 4 to 4.5lbs trigger pull. I have done lots of these for customers.

Bill
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
That's two mentions of a trigger job on the Falcon trigger.  I want to install the darn thing myself and not ship the gun out of state to get the trigger assembly stoned.

How bad is the stock trigger?  I have some surgical grade Norton stones, is there any reason I can't stone them myself?  I'll look through the FAL Files tonight to see what I can turn up on the topic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:09:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's two mentions of a trigger job on the Falcon trigger.  I want to install the darn thing myself and not ship the gun out of state to get the trigger assembly stoned.

How bad is the stock trigger?  I have some surgical grade Norton stones, is there any reason I can't stone them myself?  I'll look through the FAL Files tonight to see what I can turn up on the topic.

Stoning some of the surfaces (don't removemuch base metal at all) is only part of the answer.  You need the new and different springs to really do the job right.

For clarification, by "stock" I meant the stock Falcon trigger.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#8]
For trigger work, I don't require the rifle, just the fire control group. I have a Belgian lower that I use as a jig.

Bill
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top