Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 7:20:25 PM EDT
How do I go about getting my child into competition shooting?  Where do I start?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The Jaycee's have a BB gun match every year. If he's older, try the Junior class skeet gun shoots. For more info, go to the NRA website.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
First, post this over on the competition board.

Second, what type of shooting is he/she interested in?  Metallic silhouette, pistol, smallbore, highpower, shotguns and airguns all have junior divisions.  Give us a clue and we will help all we can.

Finally, there are at least some colleges that offer athletic scholarships to shooters (if they make the grade)

HTH.....SRM
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
He's into bb guns right now.  Only 7.  He loves to take it out and target shoot with it.  So, I thought if we could get him into some kind of organized shooting maybe down the road it would keep him out of other things that could cause trouble!
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Try this:

Go to www.floridashooting.com

It is a Delphi Forum, but you can register as a guest.

Post a message on ANY of the boards for German Salazar.

German is probably the best all around rifle and pistol shooter in the country.  If he can't help, he'll know where to look.

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top