Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 4:20:54 PM EDT
Hey guys, I've been wondering this for a long time, did Colt ever make a lower receiver with all the A2 upgrades (mag fence, small pivot pin, reinforced receiver extension, etc) that was marked "AR-15" or were they only marked
Sporter or something??

Inquiring minds want to know......
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
They did, I has a Govt carbine that had all those features and was marked AR15 Govt Carbine, but it had a sear block and large fire control pins. I beleive that model 6520 and the very rare 6721 were the only ones with the features that were marked AR15, I think.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info...I'm gonna give this one another whirl.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok well with all the wealth of knowledge abounding on this site, I can't believe I only got 1 response.

Either arjohnson nailed it on the head and only speaks the truth.........

....or you guys that do know are just too lazy to respond!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
My Colt 9mm is marked AR-15. Has raised fence, no sear block but has large front pivot pin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top