Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 9:48:03 PM EDT
Is there a noticable difference in weight between the Colt Commando skinny barreled upper and the heavier ones?   As far as I can tell, Colt is the only company providing the skinny ones?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Lmt.  Bcm.  Etc make em too
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A Colt Commando (skinny barrel) weighs 5.38 pounds w/o mag. A Bushmaster 11.5" carbine (heavy barrel) weighs 6.46 pounds, again w/o mag. So, there's about a pound diference.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think there is a hell of a lot of difference... although I also beleive there is no reason an AR-15 should weigh more than 7lbs...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Personally, I prefer the balance of the skinny-barrel 11.5's. All of my 11.5" uppers have 'em; the HB versions just don't feel right to me.

Your Mileage May Vary.

I agree.  But remember it also depends on the handguard and front sight.  The feel of the skinny commando is somewhat negated by hanging a bunch of shite around it.  A lightweight YHM handguard works OK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top