Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 5:07:02 PM EDT
I think my Colt Post-Ban 6700 has a flaw and I need to know if I should be concerned.  The 6700 has the 20 inch barrel.  On the elevation knob it should be marked with an 8/3 (300 meter mark)but mine has a 6/3 marking.  Does this have any practical implications for sighting or anything else?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's a flat top with detachable carry handle, then that is the correct elevation wheel. If it's a standard A2 then it has the wrong one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it has a detachable handle.  A friend of mine has a 6601 and it has the 8/3 mark on the elevation knob so I thought mine was similar since both rifles have a 20 inch barrel.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Could one of you guys elaborate on the differences of these two sights
& why there is a difference ?????

THANKS
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Something to do with the screw the elevation drum turns on is'nt as long because the handle detaches so you cant get as many turns out of the drum.  My nomenclature is probably wrong but that's the jist of it.    
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Torakan has the right idea.

Because of the detachable handle the elevation shaft has to be shorter. Therefore there is room for only a 600yds worth of elevation.

The nondetachable handle has no limit on the room available (or much less anyway) and can fit an elevation shaft good for 800 yds of elevation.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top