Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2012 9:22:11 AM EDT
I have been seeing a ton of belts lately with the Cobra buckle, and it looks like a great set-up, but how does a person go about getting holsters/mag pouches on the belt? Is it all Tek-lok?

I would like to try one, but if I have to get all new gear I just don't see it being practical.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The buckle comes off and you thread your gear on then put the buckle back on.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! Thank you for the info.

Does it cause any issues if a person does it daily, or is it meant to do that?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#3]
A lot of guys use Cobra buckles on their daily use trouser belt  (which has to have the buckle removed to thread theough beltloops) so I would think you'd be fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Once again, thank you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A lot of guys use Cobra buckles on their daily use trouser belt  (which has to have the buckle removed to thread theough beltloops) so I would think you'd be fine.

I do, just depends on the holster I want to carry that day.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Some guys complain about the extra 20 seconds it adds to their day when they have to remove the buckle to run the belt through their belt loops.

I am not one of those people. My only caveat is it would probably suck for someone who did exstensive flying with commercial airlines.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I am waiting on the Super Extreme Cobra Buckle... Now with fangs!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I am not one of those people. My only caveat is it would probably suck for someone who did extensive flying with commercial airlines.

I just take my pants off.

CXS

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I am not one of those people. My only caveat is it would probably suck for someone who did extensive flying with commercial airlines.

CXS

I would never get out of the airport with all the ladies throwing themselves at me if I did that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

CXS

I'm surprised TSA doesn't take them off for you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Some guys complain about the extra 20 seconds it adds to their day when they have to remove the buckle to run the belt through their belt loops.

I am not one of those people. My only caveat is it would probably suck for someone who did exstensive flying with commercial airlines.

I'm typically not carrying when traveling via commercial airlines, so I don't wear a cobra-based belt for travel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top