Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 5:17:31 PM EDT
I am considering purchasing a Coastal Gun suppressor for a P22, and wanted to see if anyone had anything good or bad to say about them.

Does it really take 4 months for the tax stamp to come back? I have had a few tickets, but never anything serious like a DUI or criminal charges and have a CHL. This will be my first and probably only NFA purchase.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, there is no such thing as a first and last NFA purchase.  As soon as you get one, you will need more.  Secondly, your record sounds fine.  If you can get a CHL you should have no problem with the NFA check.  Thirdly,  I own a Coastal .22and I will say this:  it is not the quietest .22 can on the market but it certainly is not as bad as some people would have you believe.  I can shoot it all day indoors and out without hearing protection using both subsonic and supersonic rounds, and it comes apart for cleaning.  With that said, if you can find an AAC, SWR, SRT or Gemtech, even for $200 more, I would go with one of them, for nothing else than the companies will be in business if you need your cans serviced several years down the road.    

Oh yeah, the form 4s are coming back in record time for most people.  I just had two come back to my dealer after only one month of mailing them out.  They were pending for three days and these were individual transfers.  The new NFA branch is doing great.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
If this is your first and only then don't buy the cheapest silencer made by a company out of business with no support.

AAC pilot
Gemtech Outback2
SWR
SRT

are the companies you should be looking at.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I will pass on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top